Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade membership plan with upwork balance

Community Guru
Zoltán N Member Since: Jul 23, 2015
11 of 21

Ashoo,
The last "job" that you have completed and paid for (providing a serial number to crack Photoshop) is a serious violation of Upwork's ToS.

After blatantly committing this crime I woldn't be surprised if no one would hire you for any job in the future.

Ashoo S Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
12 of 21

it was the job she wnated to get photoshop installed which she was not able to intall on her mac computer.

Community Guru
13 of 21

@Ashoo S wrote:

it was the job she wnated to get photoshop installed which she was not able to intall on her mac computer.

Since it was a serious policy violation, the job itself has been removed already (as well as the other guy who have "worked" on it) - even from that "cilent's" work history. Though, there are still other gems, such as getting Amazon reviews...

Ashoo S Member Since: Nov 27, 2016
14 of 21

ok fine thanks for informing me..

Community Guru
15 of 21

@Ashoo S wrote:

ok fine thanks for informing me..

Honestly, I am very surprised how can both of you still be active on the site after this.

This widget could not be displayed.
16 of 21

Everything in her "Other experiences" section is copy & paste content also available on other freelancer platforms.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
17 of 21

Not to mention stolen artwork in her portfolio - this kind of thing seems to be getting worse and worse lately.

18 of 21

@Zoltán N wrote:

@Ashoo S wrote:

Since it was a serious policy violation, the job itself has been removed already (as well as the other guy who have "worked" on it) - even from that "cilent's" work history. Though, there are still other gems, such as getting Amazon reviews...

Why are this freelancer and the client who insulted Upwork's TOS several times still on the platform?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
19 of 21

Hi Ashoo,

You need to add a valid billing method. Once you do that, you will be able to upgrade your Membership. If you have sufficient funds on your balance, they will be used for the upgrade first. If there are no sufficient funds, your billing method will be charged. Check out this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
JinBao H Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
20 of 21

Hi, Valeria.

Your posts and advices are very helpful for freelancers.

I am thanking for that.

And I'd like you to tell me how to upgrade the membership in my case.

I have upgraded my membership about 4~5 months ago.

Last month, I withdrew the whole money, so that UpWork couldn't take the membership fee from my balance.

I was forced to downgrade to basic membership.

And now I am going to upgrade again from my balance or paypal.

But I was asked to add billing method.

I have a verifed Paypal account linked to my bank account, so it has no credit or debit card.

So I couldn't add billing method.

In this cases, is there no way to upgrade my membership?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS