cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upload driver license

Ebony M Member Since: Aug 19, 2017
1 of 7

Upwork is asking to upload my driver license to verify location. Is this safe??

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 7

@Ebony M wrote:

Upwork is asking to upload my driver license to verify location. Is this safe??

It is about as safe as any online verification process is. Data is encrypted and uploaded via a secure server.

No matter what you do, there always remains what the Germans call "Restrisiko" (a remaining risk which can range from close to zero to ???) but personally I consider it to be very small.

Alternatively you can decline to do so, which would  ONLY exclude you from "US only" jobs and that way you'd be no worse off than all of us who are not based in the US.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
3 of 7

The driver licence thing is a bit weird. If Upwork asked me to upload mine, it would show somewhere in the South of France. I am no longer in the South of France. It would also show that I took my driver's licence some (many) years ago. My pic on my driver's licence is also "some years ago"!!

Shayda W Member Since: May 23, 2018
4 of 7

I'd rather not submit my DL. How do you submit a proposal without uploading an ID??

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 7

Hi Shayda,

At this time, to submit proposals for jobs with a U.S location requirement you must have a valid state-issued ID, driver's license, green card or U.S passport.  To upload one of those documents please select a job which includes a US location requirement > use the "contact customer support" link at the top of the preview page and you'll be able to submit a support ticket and receive assistance from our team. You may still submit proposals to those jobs without US location requirements. Please read this Help Article to find out how to Find Work and how to submit proposals for jobs that you find to suit your skills and experience. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Shayda W Member Since: May 23, 2018
6 of 7

Thank you. Can you tell me how to apply to jobs that are not exlusive to the US?  Right now my profile is setup  for positions only in the US. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
7 of 7

Hi Shayda,

When you search jobs, make sure the toggle for 'U.S only' is switched off so that jobs from the entire marketplace including outside of the U.S are visible in your search results.

Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 10.58.22 AM.png

~Nina
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS