🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upload picture
Page options
ana4sousa
Community Member

Upload picture

Hello,

I have tried uploading 3 different photos. Each meeting the criteria. Have tried different browsers, clearing cashe and cookies. The message it's always "250px by 250px". I just need to upload my picture to finish my profile. Please can you help me? Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ana,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with adding your profile photo. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

69 REPLIES 69
marketingagent1
Community Member

Hi everytime I try to upload an image to set up my profile image it comes up with an error "Sorry something went wrong we were unable to upload your image". I have attached a screenshot of this. I have tried to use a few different pictures, change the size and even clear cookies and cache but it still wont work. Please HELP!

jessa1017
Community Member

I have attached here the error response by uploading my picture to my profile. Please see attached file.

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jessa, 

I'm still unable to see the attachment on your post, but I'll have a member of the Customer Support Team reach out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
66b0ac94
Community Member

Hi Avery, Im encountering the same problem. Can you help?

Hi Elward Joshua,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
g_toman
Community Member

I have been trying to upload my profile picture for an hour. The photo is 250x250 pixels, not edited, and only includes my head and shoulders. I have cleared my cache/cookies and used a different browser, but it still gives me the same vague error message. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Gentry,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I've shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further in uploading your profile photo. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
29b63ce7
Community Member

Dears,

I am not able to upload my profile picture. I tried different browsers and platforms, cleared my cache and checked if it is exceeding the 5mb limit and have JPG extension..
Please find attached a screenshot of the error.

thank you,
Walid
obayanewalid@gmail.com

Hi Walid,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble uploading your profile picture. I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this concern. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Community Member

Hi. I'm trying to add my profile picture. It keeps running into a error..I'm not able to finish my profile..Can you update it for me? Its attached to this email. Thank you in advance.

Hi Miguel,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
mae_dessa
Community Member

Hello I can't also upload my profile photo. I hope you can help me with this. Thanks!  

Hi Mae,

Our team will reach out to you as well and assist you further with your profile photo. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
b4f6c1e7
Community Member

Hi I'm having the same problem every time I try to upload for my profile pic it says it can't upload image. What should I do? Thanks.

8874a7bd
Community Member

have tried uploading 3 different photos. I just need to upload my picture to finish but not able to do it. please help

0afcbd58
Community Member

Hello there!

I've followed all the recomendations for this kind of issue, however I still having the same issues as everyone.
I've tried:

- pic's actual size .jpg;

- squared cut at the original pic 72dpi .jpg;

- squared cut at the original pic 250dpi .jpg;

- 250x250px 72dpi .jpg;

- 250x250px 250dpi .jpg;

- pic's actual size 250dpi .png;

- 250x250px 250dpi .png.

Combined with that, I've tried, not only different browsers, but also the Android app (v1.14.0).

None of the attempts were effective, since I still can't upload my profile pic.
Bellow comes the last archive I've tryed to submit: 250x250 250dpi .png

Thanks in advance!

2c2026e2
Community Member

Hi! I cant upload a profile photo. I tried resizing it to 250px x 250px but I'm still getting the same error message. Even tried to use other browsers. Please help

carolina_sevilla
Community Member

Hello,

Had issues uploading profile picture. The Chat box doesn't really help me answer my issue. Stuck on the profile page and since I cannot proceed, I would rather have my registration account with upwork deleter. I do not have the option to request delete on my end.

gauravrcm
Community Member

Giving same Solutions everywhere, its NOT working. This app needs to be fixed. Sometimes as simple as uploading a picture here is an issue for over years now.
toby_david
Community Member

Hello, I am unable to upload my profile picture. I have tried different pictures, cropped at different sizes, cleared cache, used multiple browsers. Please kindly see to this and help!

I haven't had any luck with getting mine uploaded. I have deactivated my account since they don't want to help so why should they get any of my money. I will use another website
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

Hi Jody,

I'm sorry to hear about your decision. I do see you communicated with our team in April regarding the issue with using the photo you shared. I checked and was able to upload the same photo after resizing it to 250x250px. Let me know if you can resize the source image to, at minimum, that size and uplaod it. Alternatively, I can share the image with you in a private message that you can then upload to your profile and start using your account.

Let me know how you wish to proceed and I'll be glad to offer further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

No I am done with them. If they are unwilling to help someone after a half dozen emails to them and 2-3 to return my email and i was asked to send them the phone that I would like to be unloaded and they still haven't responded to me sending it to them. I am done it isn't a company that I want my name associated with.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

As an update, the issue that was preventing you from uploading your profile photo has been resolved. Please clear your cache and cookies and try uploading your photo again. Let us know if you're still experiencing the same problem and we'll follow up to assist you directly.

We appreciate your reports and thank you for your patience.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
61ed2065
Community Member

I have been unable to upload my profile picture even after trying all the suggestions I found to this problem. Please help me, that's the last stage of my application.

Hi Jennifer and Agbaje,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you in adding your profile picture. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Try a BAD camera device (or low res) with a flat background.

Seems like the face detection algorithm gets confused by detailed, crisp pics.
jamro
Community Member

Many thanks

92d9d58f
Community Member

I have the same problem also

Hi Mihajlo,

Please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px and no more than 4000 x 4000px. Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot, that your face is visible, and that the following requirements are met:
  • You are not wearing sunglasses in the photo
  • It is not a logo or clip-art
  • It is not a group photo
  • The picture was not digitally-altered
  • The maximum size is 5 MB
If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.
~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths