🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Uploading Portrait Picture
Page options
lottehuijsman
Community Member

Uploading Portrait Picture

Hi there! I just signed up for Upwork and am trying to complete my profile. Unfortunately I cannot upload a portrait picture and cannot proceed without. I already tried deleting my history, another browser, different pictures etc. It does not seem to matter. I can click on the button 'Add a Photo Now' and a pop-up opens. When I select an image from my laptop, nothing happens. No error, changes in the pop-up or anything. How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Lotte,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and at least 250px by 250px? Also, make sure that it's a clear photo of yourself, not a long shot and your face is clearly visible. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please let us know.

~ Valeria
Upwork

The picture is a portrait of me, 300 x 300 pixels and a .jpg file. It should work like this, shouldn’t it?

Im also having a some difficulty uploading. I meet the standards but... Tried many pics to no avail.**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Simon,

Do you receive any errors on your end? Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your profile image. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
41dd23c8
Community Member

I am also having this issue. Image is a clear head shot 800+ pixels and .jpg

I have tried several different images and using Chrome, Firefox and Safari.

Attached is image

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with uploading your photo. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths