🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Uploading voice demo's
Page options
c_staniforth
Community Member

Uploading voice demo's

Hello, I have created my profile for a freelance voice over artist, but I cannot find where to upload my voice clip demo's.  Can anyone please assist. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Clare,

You can add your demo's as portfolio items to showcase your past experience. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

I tried this in my portfolio section, but there is no option to upload an audio file (mp3)...only a video.  

Can you explain how to do this?

Thanks,

Jason S

Hi Jason,

Could you please try uploading your .mp3 file (up to 25MB) as a Project File here

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Yes, that worked!  Now, is it possible to add an image to the thumbnail for that audio file? It's there....but the box/square is just grey with text in it (the description).

Also, one more quick question....

I just joined UpWork for voice talent jobs.  I want to post previous  VO work I've done...but only see that I'm able to add to "emplyment history" on my profile...and theres no way to add to "work history".  

How can I make sure the client sees my past VO work?

Thanks again!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jason,

You can add multiple files to your Portfolio item the same way as you just did, if one of those files is an image, you can then use it as your Cover Image. 

You Work History is were your contracts with clients on Upwork will be. You can use a combination of your employment history and portfolio to showcase your past work experience, outside of Upwork.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks so much for your help!
There’s one thing I’m still not understanding .... how to add an image as the cover photo for my reel on my portfolio.
Can you give me step by step instructions?
I’ve got the reel file (mp3) and an image (jpeg) as what I want as the thumbnail. Now what ?

Hi Jason,

You can upload the JPEG image as a Project File. Once you do, you should be able to select this option to have the image be the Cover Image of your portfolio item.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Jason, 

I am also a voice artist. I have spent hours trying to figure out how to upload audio demos on to my page. How did you do it? My profile does not have a way to upload mp3s or wav files, only mp4 videos. None of the answers that have been left in the community answer my problem, but you say that "It worked" for you. What did you do?

Psalmody

Hi Psalmody,

Could you please confirm if you're trying to add your .mp3 files when creating your portfolio item here? If so, please share a screenshot of the error you're experiencing so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork

Yeah, I can't add mp3 files either. That "add other documents" link doesn't exist on my portfolio upload page.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jason,

Could you please share the screenshot of the page you're experiencing this issue at so that we can look into this and assist you accordingly?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths