musaddiq885
Community Member

Upwoks violation

My skype Id is one of the client's requirement. Can I share My skype Id

And 
why UpWork allows clients to ask  other accounts information

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That says exactly the same:

1. You can communicate through external methods (Phone/Skype/ Slack etc), if you are comfortable doing it.

2. But don't put in on your profile, job proposal etc.

3. If client asks for skype id, you can share the skype id in upwork chat box and then proceed from there.

I cannot see the client's job post, but in case you think it is violating any upwork rule. There should be a flag option. Use it and Upwork would review the Job posting.

Hopefully some moderators would see thread and clear things for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
2591126f
Community Member

Asking for Skype Id is not a violation of any rule. It is just a preferred method of communication for some clients. The violation will happen if the payment is not made via upwork system .

I am not sure what account information has been asked. So can't really say anything about it.

But if by account information you meant skype id, it is not a violation. 

You can decline to share any information or  even decline to contact anywhere other than upwork .It's upto you.

According to  Chate bot of Upwork  we can not share any information about thisUntitled.png do that

That says exactly the same:

1. You can communicate through external methods (Phone/Skype/ Slack etc), if you are comfortable doing it.

2. But don't put in on your profile, job proposal etc.

3. If client asks for skype id, you can share the skype id in upwork chat box and then proceed from there.

I cannot see the client's job post, but in case you think it is violating any upwork rule. There should be a flag option. Use it and Upwork would review the Job posting.

Hopefully some moderators would see thread and clear things for you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths