🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Account Concern
Page options
jacobseb
Community Member

Upwork Account Concern

Hello, I'm new to Upwork and really glad to be part of the team. 🙂

A while back my brother was unexpectedly banned from the service and has since had to use alternatives. Obviousy he made mistakes which caused this ban but my concern is that this will now impact on me as a freelancer too. (We work in the same field).

Has anyone else been in a similar situation and if so, has this had an impact on your career as an Upworker?

Looking forward to getting to work!

Jacob.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Jacob R wrote:

Thanks Valeria, I didn't think it would have an effect but I was just a bit worried.

You also can't offer your agency from your freelancer profile, you have to create an agency to do that, and all your agency members have to create their own profiles and have them approved...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Jacob,

We won't be able to comment on your brother's account status but generally the status of another freelancer's account shouldn't affect yours. Please, check out this help article for more information about most common reasons for freelancer account holds.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria, I didn't think it would have an effect but I was just a bit worried.

Jacob.

petra_r
Community Member

@Jacob R wrote:

You also can't offer your agency from your freelancer profile, you have to create an agency to do that, and all your agency members have to create their own profiles and have them approved...

jacobseb
Community Member

Ah ok thank you, I'll remove that part from my profile.

Jacob

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths