🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Account not Activated
Page options
1c757132
Community Member

Upwork Account not Activated

Hi Upwork Team,

I recently registered myself as a freelancer and agency. However, my both accounts are still not activated, i found there are jobs available in the platform that i feel i can facilitate them.

@Gentleman, please help me in getting this issue resolved.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Danish

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Danish,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Since you're currently the only member of the agency, you will not see the roster. I'll have this reported to our team so they can assist you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here.

As for the Connects, did you set yourself as an exclusive agency member? If so, you can only apply to jobs using your agency profile.

For the verification badge, it can't really be requested. You'll receive a notification once you're eligible to receive one.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AndreaG

Hi Danish! I checked and it looks like your account has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! You should be able to start sending proposals to jobs in the Upwork marketplace. You may also want to check resources in this post to help you get started.
~Andrea
Upwork
1c757132
Community Member

Hi Anrea,
Thanks for your prompt response. I have created this account for posting a Job on upwork as a Client in 2016. I've posted the job and the task completed in timely fashion. 
But this time, i came for open an account as a freelancer and Agency. Till now i didn't receive any identity verification request from upwork. Further, when i tried to submit the proposal the system ask to become a member.

Please help me in this regard. Your usual cooperation will be highly appreciated.

Hi Danish,

You are currently not required to complete a verification process, the team will notify you if there's a need for verification in the future.

Regarding the message you get when you try submitting proposals, would you please share a screenshot with us of that message?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
1c757132
Community Member

Hi Luiggi,
Please find below the snapshot, when i submitting the proposal.

1c757132_1-1653730514159.png

Further, I am unable to make changes in my per hour rate. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

In profile setting, Identification verification tab is not available. Further, everytime when i changed expierence level from Basic to Expret it shows again Basic.

Please look at these issues and guide me accordingly.

Regards,

Danish 

Hi Danish,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It looks like you are an exclusive member of an agency that you own. That's why in order to change your profile rate, you need to switch to your agency profile go to Agency Roster, check the box next to your name and click "Change Roster Settings." You will see a pop up where you'll be able to edit your rate.

For the issue regarding being unable to send proposals, it looks like you don't have any available Connects anymore that's why you were routed to the page where you can purchase them.

And lastly, for the verification badge, if you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie Jane,

Thanks for the prompt response. 

I reviewed my Agency Profile but didnt see a option Agency Roster. Please find below the snapshot of my agency profile.

Regarding connects, I've more than 90 connects available for submitting a proposal. Please find below the snapshot of freelancer profile.

For verification badge, i do agree that upwork will approach the freelancer, if required. But i have seen few Jobs regarding MIFOS implementation that is still unattended on the upwork platform, and we do have the capability to manage that platform. I would humbly request you that if you can send my request to them for profile review and make a decision according to their process.

Regards,

Danish  

Hi Danish,

I'm sorry for the confusion. Since you're currently the only member of the agency, you will not see the roster. I'll have this reported to our team so they can assist you via a support ticket. You can access your support tickets here.

As for the Connects, did you set yourself as an exclusive agency member? If so, you can only apply to jobs using your agency profile.

For the verification badge, it can't really be requested. You'll receive a notification once you're eligible to receive one.

~ AJ
Upwork

Now, i can see the agency roaster in Agency profile Menu. 

I changed the working status from "Member with Permission" from Exclusive to Non-Exclusive. So it will allow me to submit proposal.

Regards,
Danish 

Hi Danish,

Thank you for your message. I am glad to hear that the issue is resolved now. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
johnrich_esmane
Community Member

johnrich_esmane_0-1658139391854.png

Please can you help with this as it say my account is not available. Thanks

Hi John, 

I would be happy to help. I see that you shared a screenshot of the Availability Badge feature. Please know that you can turn the availability badge on and off as needed to signal when you're ready to take on new clients. Here is how it works:

• Go to Find Work and look at your profile banner on the right side of the screen. Select the pencil icon ✎ next to Availability Badge.
  • Set your maximum amount of Connects you want to spend in one week to keep the badge on. If the price changes to exceed this number, we will turn the badge off for you.
  • Select Turn On

You can find more information in this help article

If you are referring to your profile being set to Private please check this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance or if you have further questions. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

I want to activate the availability badge but I was badly offline for some days. Now I decided to work on Upwork. Please publicize my profile so that I can share my profile with the client.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks 

Hi Rafsan, 

I would like to clarify that while Availablity badge is a way for you to highlight your availability, as long as your profile is public, it'll be visible to clients even if you don't activate the Availability badge. 

Your standard availability settings tell clients about your general availability for Upwork jobs. This is another way to highlight that those hours aren’t filled yet. For example, you may be a part time freelancer who can dedicate 20 hours per week to Upwork, which you can state in your profile. Using the badge can let clients know that your 20 hours for this particular week are not all filled and that you’re still looking for work at the moment.

You can find more information in this help article. If you need help with changing your profile to the public you may want to check this page for more information. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
080fdff0
Community Member

I couldn't get my government ID verified because my user setting is not activated (gray color). Please help. 

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Grace, 

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. Suppose the team finds the need to verify your account. In that case, you will be notified through an email or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

I checked, and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future.

~ Avery
Upwork
080fdff0
Community Member

Hi Avery,

How could I be trusted as freelancer if my account is yet to be verified?

Also, I couldn't find link where to upload my government ID. 

Hi Grace,

Thank you for your question. Your authenticity doesn't solely rely on the verification badge. You can authentically represent yourself by filling out your profile with your work history, filling out your educational background, and demonstrating that you have the skills and experience to work on a project during an interview.

At the end of the day, even with a verification badge, the clients still look at your skills to see if you qualify for their project.

It doesn't look like you need to verify your account as of yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths