🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Application Declined with Stellar Prof...
Page options
awishformore
Community Member

Upwork Application Declined with Stellar Profile

To whom it may concern.

I have recently decided to abandon a business venture of mine and go back to what I'm best at: software engineering. I would like to venture out as a freelancer, so I created an Upwork profile. I am skilled in several fields which are extremely popular at the moment and just a cursory glance at available jobs shows that there is a high demand for my profile, so I didn't put too much thought into it. I was surprised to find that my application had been rejected.

I assumed I hadn't conveyed my expertise appropriately and I updated my entire profile, redoing everything from scratch with additional care. I had several developer friends take a look at the result before resubmitting. All of them agreed that there is no possible way that my profile wouldn't be highly sought after. However, my application to join Upwork was rejected yet again.

Trying as hard as I can, I can't fathom a reason not to let a developer with my background onto the Upwork platform. I have done substantial professional work in cloud computing, big data analytics, microservice architectures and blockchain technology, to name just the most relevant ones. On LinkedIn, I receive several job offers a week.

The email informing me of my declined application contains no information whatsoever about the reason why my profile was rejected. Is there no recourse at all? Without knowing what the issue is, it seems there is nothing I can do for what I perceive to be a completely arbitrary decision with no good justification.

Best regards,

Max.

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Max,

I just checked your account and can confirm that your application is now accepted. You can now start sending proposals, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Excellent news, happy to have found a way to remedy the concern.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths