🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork Customer Support Phone Number
Page options
mbey7999
Community Member

Upwork Customer Support Phone Number

Is there a phone number to reach customer support at upwork?  I don't care to use the bot or the forum for my private concerns.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't care to use the bot or the forum for my private concerns."

Having everybody call Upwork on the phone doesn't work out mathematically.

Is it possible that the questions you have are questions that hundreds of other Upwork users have had? And those questions could be answered by doing a search in the "Subject" field in the Forum?

Also: It is possible to post questions here in the Forum which let you obtain the information you need, without getting into specifics.

For example, if you have questions about how to add a payment withdrawal method so you can withdraw earnings to you bank account... You can ask about that here in the Forum without stating your bank account number.

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41
petra_r
Community Member

Marie B wrote:

Is there a phone number to reach customer support at upwork? 

Only for top rated freelancers.

Marie B wrote:

Is there a phone number to reach customer support at upwork?

Surely your "concern" isn't so delicate that you can't ask a general question about it without going into details in the forum?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I don't care to use the bot or the forum for my private concerns."

Having everybody call Upwork on the phone doesn't work out mathematically.

Is it possible that the questions you have are questions that hundreds of other Upwork users have had? And those questions could be answered by doing a search in the "Subject" field in the Forum?

Also: It is possible to post questions here in the Forum which let you obtain the information you need, without getting into specifics.

For example, if you have questions about how to add a payment withdrawal method so you can withdraw earnings to you bank account... You can ask about that here in the Forum without stating your bank account number.

Thank you Preston for your respectful response.  I have tried to search the subject prior to posting.  However, I didn't really see what I was looking for.  I will attempt it again.

Thanks again for being respectful within your response.  Apparently it's a challenge for some individuals.

If you do a search and can't find what you're looking for, then you're completely welcome to post a question about it here.

We're a chatty bunch. Posting a question here in the Forum is a MUCH faster way to get the information you're looking for than trying to call Upwork or posting a Help Desk ticket.

My account was locked as I had a balance of $9.50 outstanding. I just paid that bit it still says my account is locked and I need to pay my employee. Can you help with this?

Hi Shawn,

I checked and as you mentioned, it looks like you took care of the outstanding balance and I don't see any limitation on your account from my end. Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies or use a different browser and see if the problem persists? 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Marie,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
mkuetzing
Community Member

Community support is NOT support.  For example, why when I search for work based on Newst first, do stale listings show up?  I should be able to limit my search for listings that are within the last few hours, last few days, or for any time period!  

re: "I should be able to limit my search for listings that are within the last few hours, last few days, or for any time period"

Martin:

I think this is an excellent suggestion.

This is the right place to suggest new features and functionality.

Many positive changes that have occurred in the system did indeed begin with suggestions and discussions here in the Forum. Upwork has employees who monitor Forum discussions and report to Upwork decision makers.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Martin, 

Do you have any issues with your account? If so, please feel free to create a new post and share more information about your concern so that our team can assist you further. 

While the Community is composed of freelancers and clients on Upwork, our team of Upwork Community Moderators are moderating this forum 24/7 and should be able to assist any user with their concern, provided they post it here, and it doesn't violate the Upwork Community Guidelines. 

As for your suggestion about the search function, I will be happy to share this with the team for their consideration. 

~ Avery
Upwork
c2f4a5f0
Community Member

Hi Avery, I just want to know can we reverse a refund because it was a mistake. I haven't received the amount that client was asking for and I thought it will be deducted on the In Review but apparantly it got deducted from my Pending. Thank you.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irene,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our support team about this concern. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c2f4a5f0
Community Member

Hi, that open ticket I think is when my client requested a refund. I have issued a refund but it was not supposed to be deducted from my Pending.

Hi Irene,

One of our agents will update your ticket to assist you further with your concern about the refund you initiated. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
c2f4a5f0
Community Member

Thank you so much.

How do I contact Upwork's customer support?  I need to know what are the pros/cons of working with Direct Contract versus through an account.  The advantages of Direct Contract are listed on the site, but the advangages of an account are not.  I need to justify the choice in my institution.

Hi David,

Having an account makes it easy to connect with freelancers and begin doing great work. Not just by being able to post different jobs, but also building your profile with feedback and work history. Currently, Direct Contracts work as Fixed-Price contracts, with an account you would also be able to work on Hourly contracts. You can read more about how an account works here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
peppycopy
Community Member

Hello,

It's impossible to reach customer support. Why?  I have a question re. getting paid and there is no answer to that question, as far as I can see. Better by phone, but if not possible, then by chat or e-mail.

If Google, Amazon, eBay and others can do it, why not Upwork?  

Hi Tom,

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team. Please feel free to share more information with us here in the community and we'll gladly help you with it. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you very much! Will this eventually connect me with a customer
support person?

Hello Tom,

Yes, you can connect to our Customer Support team using the link and steps shared by Joanne. 

Thank you

Pradeep H

Upwork

So what is the phone number for support? Does it exist? This is very discouraging to sign up.

Hi Sharon,

Could you please share with us your concern so that we can assist you accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

My challenge is I cannot pay my freelancer and I am getting an Ambiguous error message, hence the need to call. It does not matter which payment method I use.

Hi David,

I've shared your account information with the team, and one of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I have searched the forum and  I have not found the solution to my issue.

I am just trying to verify my credit card

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Saron, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further regarding your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Same question here - I've lost an incredible amount of time searching this site for a phone number which apparantly doesn't exist.

This is why I don't like using chat bots - they don't provide a response such as "Upwork doesn't have a phone number, please use chat".  

Hi Jeremiah,

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

After 2 hours of searching I found what I needed.

And for the rest of us who have specific questions? We just bend over?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nicholas Anthony,

Could you please share with us your question so that we can address it accordingly or have the correct support team assist you?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

So what is your suggestion after you've contacted them and put in "support tickets" 4 times (AND NO RESPONSE) when they lock out your financial account and you've done everything suggested to resolve it and now I cant work with my workers?  My back stopped a payment because of a "fraud alert" and I changed out payment and resolved it.... NOW WHAT?

Hi Sanya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
jeremiah-brown
Community Member

The number is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

21cc65cf
Community Member

Apparently having live human customer support is not in the best interest of the corporate bottom line. Most customers nowadays are accustomed to self service by researching for help before attempting to reach a human agent. BUUUUT, when it really counts, i.e. all else fails and you really need a human's help, the online chat doesn't work, the phone lines are unattended. Earth-sized customer base apparently doesn't mean proportioanl-sized support team. How disappointing!

Hi Ernest,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to get in touch with our Customer Support team by phone. However, I can see that a support ticket has been created with your concern. Please give our team time to review your account and we'll keep you posted with updates and assistance through that ticket. 

~ Arjay
Upwork

Why do Upwork moderators and staff censor their own phone number?  If anyone posts Upwork's phone number you promptly remove it and replace it with "Edited for Community Guidelines".

Why?  Anyone can perform a Google search and find it.  

db461998
Community Member

As ur request we will clear ur problem 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths