🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork Desktop App - Can´t log in
Page options
agusbon
Community Member

Upwork Desktop App - Can´t log in

Hello! I'm having trouble signing in to the Upwork Desktop App for the first time. Can anyone help me?

8 REPLIES 8
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agustin,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please send me a PM with more information regarding your issue with signing into the Upwork Desktop App along with the screenshot with the error itself? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Found this topic because I'm with the same problem.

My login is via google account, I type the information requested and the connection never get through. I'm stuck on this loading screen.

Does anyone know what should I do?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jean, 

May I ask if you logged in with your Google credentials? If so, could you please try logging in to your Upwork account through a browser, go to your Connected Services page in your Settings page (Settings > Connected Services) and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please log in to your desktop app with your Upwork credentials to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Hi!
I'm facing the same problem for my first connection... The message just tells me "An unknown error has occured".

I used the time tracker once quite a while ago, so this time I redownloaded the app and just can't get in to it.
Thanks for your help

Hi Madeleine,

Could you please try reporting your issue from the Desktop App? That way, the team will receive your log file automatically and will be able to assist you more efficiently. Here's how to do this: 

Click your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and click Send

You can read more about what information to include in your report in the FAQs here. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt answer. But I can't log in to the app, so I can't click my name on the lower left!
The error occurs when I try to log in with my email address and my password with the message "An unknown error has occurred"...?

Apologies for the confusion, Madeleine. One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you Andrea, but my problem is now solved thanks to your chat (I hadn't found it when I posted my message). I just had to delete cache and restart (in Settings)... Your UpWork team is all of great help!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths