🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork Earning cuts
Page options
areeba-naeem
Community Member

Upwork Earning cuts

Hi,

I am a new freelancer on upwork, and I wanted to know more about the percentage of cut from the earning: I wanted to know if is it a fixed percentage per selected rate, or it varies? furthermore, I would also like to know if the cut rate decreases as i reach a certain amount of overall earning (e.g. $100 dollars overall earning) or not?

Could you please give more info about this?

2 REPLIES 2
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Here's the current schedule for freelancer fees:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062538-Freelancer-Service-Fees

petra_r
Community Member

Areeba N wrote:

I am a new freelancer on upwork, and I wanted to know more about the percentage of cut from the earning: I wanted to know if is it a fixed percentage per selected rate, or it varies? furthermore, I would also like to know if the cut rate decreases as i reach a certain amount of overall earning (e.g. $100 dollars overall earning) or not?

I would not worry about earnings at this stage.You have not completed your profile. You have not submitted your profile for review. You have not been accepted (98% are rejected)

You have not won a job (the vast majority of new freelancers who accepted don't win a job.)

But for general information:

Upwork takes 20% off the first $ 500 from any one client

Upwork takes 10% off the earnings between $ 500 and $ 10.000 from any one client

Upwork takes 5% off any earnings in excess of $ 10.000 from any one client

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths