🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Fee Confusion
Page options
sunnyujjawal
Community Member

Upwork Fee Confusion

I have completed my first project with $100.I received $80

Second project is in pipeline , client is ready to pay $560. How much total upwork fee will be charged from $560? 10% or 20%?

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Sunny U wrote:

Second project is in pipeline , client is ready to pay $560. How much total upwork fee will be charged from $560? 10% or 20%?

You pay 20% on the first $500. So if are paid $660 in total by the same client. You will pay 10% on $160. And you will pay 10% thereafter if the client  continues to hire you, or even if he or she closes the contract and then rehires you. 

khrifat
Community Member

Sunny U wrote:

Hello Sunny,

You will be charged 20% for the first $500. You will get $400 off $500 after Upwork Fees.

Then you will be charged 10% for that Client up to $10000. So you will get $54 off $60.

In total, you will get $454 after the Upwork fees.

I hope you understand.

AndreaG

Hi Sunny,

The sliding fee is based on the amount from your lifetime billings with the client regardless if it happens within the same project or different projects. For example, on a $600 project with a new client, your service fee would be 20% on the first $500 and 10% on the remaining $100. You can read more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths