🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork Job Issue
Page options
tahsinhani
Community Member

Upwork Job Issue

I am a freelancer at Upwork.

I joined Upwork in July 2020, but haven't been hired for a single job since then? Is there any problem with my profile or anything else? Can you help me with that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So sad to hear about that. Sometimes it's hard to get yourself hired. I have been there myself. You are sending proposals & not even getting a single message for an interview. I know it's a sad reality but Tahsin have you ever tried to figure out where you are wrong? Have you tried to correct your mistakes? I'll suggest some tips & tricks. You shouldn't spam every job you see, be selective & filter-out the best jobs you see(which of course match with your skills), focus on these things. Another thing try to create the best portfolios of your skills. Whenever you submit a proposal firstly go through the details of the post & check what is the client looking for? After that be DETAILED-ORIENTED & type a proposal that doesn't look like copy-paste material. The clients never even bother to read that because when they spot proposals like that they just filter it out. Explain what you can bring to that particular position. Explain your skills what you can do for him. 

Try this & I hope sooner or later you'll be hired!

Hope you get yourself HIRED!

Thanks

Awais

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tahsin,

Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, experience highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope.

I suggest you check out this Community thread to help you get started along with the Freelancing Resources board in which you'll find plenty of articles to help you with writing proposals, negotiating with clients, enhancing your profile, and so on.

I hope this helps and good luck!

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you, Aleksandar!!

So sad to hear about that. Sometimes it's hard to get yourself hired. I have been there myself. You are sending proposals & not even getting a single message for an interview. I know it's a sad reality but Tahsin have you ever tried to figure out where you are wrong? Have you tried to correct your mistakes? I'll suggest some tips & tricks. You shouldn't spam every job you see, be selective & filter-out the best jobs you see(which of course match with your skills), focus on these things. Another thing try to create the best portfolios of your skills. Whenever you submit a proposal firstly go through the details of the post & check what is the client looking for? After that be DETAILED-ORIENTED & type a proposal that doesn't look like copy-paste material. The clients never even bother to read that because when they spot proposals like that they just filter it out. Explain what you can bring to that particular position. Explain your skills what you can do for him. 

Try this & I hope sooner or later you'll be hired!

Hope you get yourself HIRED!

Thanks

Awais

Thank you so much for sharing tips and tricks with me!!

Your welcome & best of luck! 😄

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths