🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork Newbie needs help with TOS and Cli...
Page options
craig-web
Community Member

Upwork Newbie needs help with TOS and Client contact

Hello, I want to make sure Im not going to violate any TOS on upwork. If I remember correctly, when I signed up, there was something about contacting the client directly. I am not sure if that was to get a job or after you have the project or both.  I understand why and I have no issue with the fees and such. However, Im trying to think ahead and for example: a client needs to add me into their cms or delegate access to their account. you would typically use an email address for that. So if i cant give them my email address, how am I supposed to get a login or access to different accounts. From what I read, if you give someone your email addres it violates the terms. so what is the "approved" method for discussing information and emailing stuff back and forth. Thank you, and sorry if this is redundant to some other post, but I could not find answers to my specific questions searching through the  forum

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Craig,

It's not against the ToS for you and your client to share contact information with each other. Contact information can't be posted on the profile or job posting though. Also, it's against the ToS to make or receive payments outside of Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Craig,

It's not against the ToS for you and your client to share contact information with each other. Contact information can't be posted on the profile or job posting though. Also, it's against the ToS to make or receive payments outside of Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

OK, great . Thank you, I just wanted to make sure and be proactive. I thought I had heard about other peoples accounts being closed because of communicating with the client and being new I didnt want to already do something wrong by mistake, thats a relief and makes the work easier to get done. Thanks again

I always communicate with my clients through email.  Many freelancers open a separate gmail account for that very purpose.  Just save your email threads in case something goes wrong down the line.  When I submit my work, I do it both through Upwork and through email.  Belt and suspenders...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths