🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Noob here. Please help!
Page options
ronbhasin
Community Member

Upwork Noob here. Please help!

Hello Upwork Chieftains! I had my first contract which was billed hourly instead of being a fixed price contract and the job has ended as of now. The client was satisfied and left saying that when he closed the job it said that it would be paid automatically. Now I go to my contract window, and I am unable to tell if the money has been paid or not (being the noob). If someone can please have a look and tell me, it would be great. I am attaching a screenshot of the contract window. It would be of a lot of help, I feel like a moron rn.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

Congratulations on completing your first contract!

Hourly contracts are paid automatically in accordance with the Weekly Billing Cycle. As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later. You can learn more here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ron,

Congratulations on completing your first contract!

Hourly contracts are paid automatically in accordance with the Weekly Billing Cycle. As a freelancer, your billing period for hourly contracts begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. Your funds are available 10 days later. You can learn more here.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for explaining!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Ron B wrote:
Hello Upwork Chieftains! I had my first contract which was billed hourly instead of being a fixed price contract and the job has ended as of now. The client was satisfied and left saying that when he closed the job it said that it would be paid automatically. Now I go to my contract window, and I am unable to tell if the money has been paid or not (being the noob). If someone can please have a look and tell me, it would be great. I am attaching a screenshot of the contract window. It would be of a lot of help, I feel like a moron rn.

No reason to feel stupid, everybody was new once, and confused about the mysteries of upwork. Nice profile and very well put together!

Thanks for your uplifting speech 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths