🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Payment process, how long?Direct to lo...
Page options
caneteruth
Community Member

Upwork Payment process, how long?Direct to local bank

Hi everyone,

I received a notification that my payment has been processed on October 17,2019.But when I do inquire today to check,there is no amount transfered yet. I'm just worried. Thank you for the help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ruth,

Your withdrawal was successful. It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ruth,

Your withdrawal was successful. It can take between 2 to 5 business days for the funds to be loaded on your bank account. If you have not received the funds after 8 business days let us know, and our team will initiate a trace on your transaction. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Thank you for the information. It helps me a lot.

Hi Goran,

I am working on an assignment. I have completed the first milestone, by submitting the first draft, which was  $50. 

Now, when I wanted to submit the document for the second milestone which is $50.

I saw client has to activate the milestone. Now, I have messaged client to do that. I am still waiting for her to activate it. 

(1) I am not understanding why it is showing inactive, total fees were $100. Only that it was divided into two. So, why is this happening? I am not implying that it is gonna happen. But i want to understand for future.- what if client does not activate it thinking the first draft is good enough.? What am I supposed to do?  

(2) When I went to setting and clicked on "Get Paid' on the left side- it showed me 'your balance is $.0.00"  And Get paid now button on the right side was grey(not active) --- 

So, I am wondering what happened with $50 from the first milestone. How come it is not showing there?   Am I looking at the wrong place or something?

Can you please help or explain this.

Thanks.

Kiana

Hi Kiana,

Milestones are a way to divide the fixed-price job into a series of deliverables based on your client's needs. They can break a larger contract into more manageable chunks. You and your client should discuss and agree upon all milestone amounts, deliverables, and deadlines prior to beginning work. For more information about Milestones for Fixed-Price Jobs please check out this help article. Please note that your client may only fund one milestone at a time. Funds must be released on the current milestone before the next one can be activated and funded.

The funds for your milestone are already in the Pending section of the Reports page. This represents the standard security hold period in which funds cannot be withdrawn. Payments for fixed-price milestones (and bonuses) have a 5-day security period from the time payment is made to funds availability. Feel free to check out this help article for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths