🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork - Paypal Fee
Page options
emmaze
Community Member

Upwork - Paypal Fee

Hi!
I registered for upwork when it was still odesk back in 2013 and it says I’m from the Philippines but recently i moved to America and I can’t seem to change my location. I accepted a job and finished it, my earnings are still pending and in review. Now my question is will I get charged a fee if I transfer my Upwork money to Paypal? The paypal account is verified and I made it when I moved to the US., I’ve also linked my Mother’s bank acc since I still don’t have my own yet. Hoping someone can help me with this. Thank you!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Juliet Marie D wrote:

I registered for upwork when it was still odesk back in 2013 and it says I’m from the Philippines but recently i moved to America and I can’t seem to change my location. I accepted a job and finished it, my earnings are still pending and in review. Now my question is will I get charged a fee if I transfer my Upwork money to Paypal? The paypal account is verified and I made it when I moved to the US., I’ve also linked my Mother’s bank acc since I still don’t have my own yet. Hoping someone can help me with this. Thank you!

You can't link your mother's bank account.

Do you have permanent residency and your work permit yet? You can't work in the US including on Upwork until you do, you'll also likely have to produce paperwork as part of changing your country  to US in your Upwork account.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

@Juliet Marie D wrote:

You can't link your mother's bank account.

Do you have permanent residency and your work permit yet? You can't work in the US including on Upwork until you do, you'll also likely have to produce paperwork as part of changing your country  to US in your Upwork account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths