🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Plus Clients
Page options
caneva_michael
Community Member

Upwork Plus Clients

I just put a proposal in for a job, got interviewed and eventually offered the job. They are a new Upwork Plus Client and they want to pay me by check or direct deposit. Is this legit? Don't know much at all about Upwork Plus, don't they still pay through Upwork? I'm new and definitely don't want to do something wrong. Thanks

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
a_lipsey
Community Member

Michael C wrote:

I just put a proposal in for a job, got interviewed and eventually offered the job. They are a new Upwork Plus Client and they want to pay me by check or direct deposit. Is this legit? Don't know much at all about Upwork Plus, don't they still pay through Upwork? I'm new and definitely don't want to do something wrong. Thanks

Mike

It's a scam and a violation of TOS to accept payment outside of Upwork. Tell them you only accept payment through Upwork per the TOS. Or just report them and block them. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Michael C wrote:

Mike

You cannot accept any payments off of Upwork, whether the client is legit or not. It's grounds for having your account permanently banned. And "Upwork Plus" doesn't mean that a client is trustworthy or has been vetted by Upwork in any way. 

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Michael,

I checked the job post you were referring to and it seems that it's already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths