🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Profile Deactivated
Page options
shery89
Community Member

Upwork Profile Deactivated

Hi All,

A friend of mine created an Upwork account a couple of days ago (using office email) but his profile rejected twice during the review and at third time, he didn't received any response after 24 hours. So, he closed that account and created a new one (using gmail) which was approved at once but after some hours, Upwork deactivated the activated one account (second one). 

Is there any way to reactivate now? He even can't ask any question in the community since every button is disabled/grayed out plus no response from Upwork support center. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Shehryar,

Unfortunately, we are unable to discuss details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. We hope you understand.  Please, check out this help article for more information about the most common reasons for freelancer account holds.

~ Bojan
Upwork
shery89
Community Member

Hi,

But why is he unable to post any message or ask any question here, on community. How is he supposed to ask by himself a question?

Hello Bojan,

Can you help me? I deactivated my upwork account but my client still got charged for the hours I worked. Please give him a refund. Thank you.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randa Xandra Jerem,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your request, including a username and email address of the account you need help with. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths