🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork Time Tracker - Wrong client selected!
Page options
prachi163
Community Member

Upwork Time Tracker - Wrong client selected!

Hi,

I recently entered an hourly contract with a client. I started the Upwork Time Tracker while I worked for the client, but just realized that I had selected the wrong client while starting the timer!

Now my time has been logged for the incorrect client with all the screenshots, etc and I do not know how to transfer it to the actual client.

Please help!!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Prachi T wrote:

I haven't yet deleted the time from the work diary of the other client because I want to save the last few frames too. Is it okay if I delete it in a day or two?

Not really, no. You are giving access to your client's confidential data to another party, and the work week will end on Sunday, you won't be able to remove anything after Monday noon UTC and you really don't want the wrong client to get charged....

When it happens to me (it still does once / twice a year) I quickly take screenshots and IMMEDIATELY delete them for privacy reasons.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
voskerchian
Community Member

Hey Prachi,

I suggest taking a screenshot of your Work Diary as a proof, then deleting the screenshots. This way, you can send this screenshot to your client, explain the situation and ask if you can solve the problem entering manual time. On the other hand, your other client won't have to pay for the work not done for him and I guess won't even come to know about this. Make sure to do this before the work week ends.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply!

I have saved most of the screenshots, except a 3-4 frames towards the end.. These are not showing yet. It just gives a message 'Screenshot coming soon'. 

I have meanwhile explained the situation to the client and asked them to allow manual time log.

I haven't yet deleted the time from the work diary of the other client because I want to save the last few frames too. Is it okay if I delete it in a day or two?

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Prachi,

Unfortunately it is not possible to transfer the time you tracked on one client's contract to a different client. You can try to taking screenshots of the work you've tracked and sending them to the correct client and asking them to allow manual time for those hours, and removing it from the wrong client's diary. Hope that helps!

~Nina

Thanks for your reply!

I have saved most of the screenshots, except a 3-4 frames towards the end.. These are not showing yet. It just gives a message 'Screenshot coming soon'. 

I have meanwhile explained the situation to the client and asked them to allow manual time log.

@Prachi T wrote:

Not really, no. You are giving access to your client's confidential data to another party, and the work week will end on Sunday, you won't be able to remove anything after Monday noon UTC and you really don't want the wrong client to get charged....

When it happens to me (it still does once / twice a year) I quickly take screenshots and IMMEDIATELY delete them for privacy reasons.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths