🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork account has been suspended and experie...
Page options
jawadsheikh
Community Member

Upwork account has been suspended and experiencing poor customer service

Upwork is one of the biggest marketplace for freelancers and agencies but customer service of upwork is worst, upwork has to understand who is the exact customer, and what is customer service, there is not a proper way to call a customer support or address issue to any higher authority if issue is not going to resolve in a designated time. 

After going through a painful customer support experience and issue not being resolved for more than an month, I have no choice to write here on LinkedIn, may be someone from upwork higher management understand the pain I have been through and still waiting for a cure. I started my business in 2011 and created my oDesk profile for business generation, oDesk really supported me in my business generation and market my skills as a freelancer and for my agency, in 2016 I paused working on upwork as my odesk profile was merged into upwork profile, in 2021 I restarted my work on upwork and gained good traction and generated good business out of that, I was referred a couple of clients from UK through one of my old client, I asked the clients to assign me task on upwork, and this was my biggest mistake to request them to assign me task on upwork, client’s card got rejected and upwork suspended my account on client’s mistake, after that it has been a month I am requesting the Upwork team to reinstate my account but no one is here to give me a proper answer. Upwork team deducted money from client’s card and did not pay me and didn’t reinstated my account. Upwork customer support is poorly failing in providing customer service, I am the customer of upwork as upwork is making commissions on the work being done by me, upwork is making money on the connects being purchased by me, what kind of service and support I am getting, I have done more than $18K on upwork and purchased more than $300 connects but where is the customer experience ? If a freelancer gets in dispute with client upwork poorly handles that giving an excuse that we can’t pass a judgement and on the other hand suspending an account how upwork can pass a judgement ? Upwork badly fails in protecting my rights as a freelancer and agency and now suspended my account all due to client’s fault, everywhere if there is a fault you are being given a warning first then after third warning account goes for suspension, but here upwork has suspended my account without any reason.

Dear higher management of upwork, please look into this matter as this thing has costed me both financially and mentally and I have left with no choice to write here on the social portal, please help me resolve my issue. 

1 REPLY 1
NikolaS

Hi Jawad,

I understand your concern and rest assured your case has already been escalated. While we won't be able to share any details here in the Community, the team will be updating you via the support requestYou can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths