🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork account suspended
Page options
irfa_batool
Community Member

Upwork account suspended

Hi, I started on upwork a week ago and now they have suspended my account. They want me to make a video call with upwork to verify my identity and to make sure that I have a working camera and mic but I do not have any of these things. What should I do now? I even cannot submit my proposals.

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I started on upwork a week ago and now they have suspended my account. They want me to make a video call with upwork to verify my identity and to make sure that I have a working camera and mic but I do not have any of these things. What should I do now? I even cannot submit my proposals."

This is normal. Upwork does video identity verification calls with freelancers. They did it with me.

You DO NOT NEED to own a working video camera and microphone.

Upwork will work with you to make this happen. You can contact them and work out details with them as necessary.

But the best thing for you to do is to not make a big deal about this and just do the call. If you truly are who you say you are, then put some effort into this, and get it over with and you'll be able to use the site without any problems.

You have SO MANY options:

- borrow a mobile phone with a built-in video camera. Don't ALL of them have this?

- borrow a laptop with a built-in video camera

- go to an Internet cafe

- but a plug-in video camera

- go to the home of a relative or friend who has a computer with a video cam/microphone

Ok, thanks.

What will they ask from me in the call?

Hi Irfa,

Feel free to follow up on your ticket with any additional questions/comments you may have and our team will assist you further. You can access your ticket on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

re: "What will they ask from me in the call?"

The only thing they asked when I did the call was my address.

It was a very, very short call.

It is not a test. They are not trying to make things difficult for you. The main thing is - they want to see your face. That's really the point of the call... Seeing you are the person pictured on your profile page.

@Irfa B wrote:

What will they ask from me in the call?

All they want is to verify you are the person your profile says you are and whose photo is shown on your profile.  The latter part will likely prove difficult and be the reason why you claim not to have a camera, right?

: robotlol: Very subtle, Petra!

Just to say that when I had to do the verification process a couple of weeks ago, I was obliged to show my passport. My driving licence (French) was not accepted. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths