🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork asking me to "Create profile" agai...
Page options
weeelum
Community Member

Upwork asking me to "Create profile" again, won't let me enter my phone number

I just received an email from a potential client saying I'm being invited to submit a proposal for a job, but when I click the link to "Submit proposal" or even just click the link to view the job, it tells me:

"You don't have permission to view this content in your current context. Please toggle to a different context on the top right of your Upwork screen to access this page."

When I leave that page, it brings me to the last page of the "Create profile" page, even though I've obviously already done this. Plus, I've used Upwork earlier this year for a couple of jobs, and have had no issues like this.

However, when I enter my phone number, it tells me: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I've tried this multiple times on my phone app, on different browsers, and even tried clearing cookies. Still no success.

7 REPLIES 7
weeelum
Community Member

and just to clarify, my phone number is a US number.

On a whim, I tried my mom's number and it said it sent the code (I've never entered her number on this site, ever, so I'm not sure why that went through). She's asleep right now, so I can't get it verified with hers. I also tried another US number, which also didn't work.

What's up with this??

It is not Upwork's intention that a freelancer create multiple Upwork accounts.

So if that is what you are trying to do, then there is a misunderstanding.

A freelancer may create only one Upwork login account.

If you have problems with that account, you will need to work with Upwork Customer Support to resolve those problems.

A single Upwork login account (which means one username and one password) may have multiple "aspects". These may be referred to as different "profiles" or even different "accounts."

For example, I can log in (same username and password) to my general Upwork account, and I can SWITCH between my "freelancer profile" (also known as my "freelancer account") and my "client profile" (also known as my "client account").

When I switch to my "client mode", there are things I can see that I can't see when I am in my "freelancer mode."

If I am in the wrong context (mode/profile), I may see this message:

"You don't have permission to view this content in your current context. Please toggle to a different context on the top right of your Upwork screen to access this page."

JoanneP

Hi William,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
f2c4c118
Community Member

I am just creating my account and while adding my education it is not giving me the option in the drop down menu of my degree, i.e. Bachelor of Mass Communication

And when i type in manually it says to select appropriate degree. 

Could you please help. 

Hi Hiba,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

There are no jobs on the profile you are writing from, so you must have created another profile. Unless in the jobs you refer to were as client. 

8912344d
Community Member

You don't have permission to view this content in your current context. Please toggle to a different context on the top right of your Upwork screen to access this page.

I am the sam issue what could be the reason

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths