🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork cancelling/expiring my submitted p...
Page options
imranullah60
Community Member

Upwork cancelling/expiring my submitted proposals and I continously losing connects? STOP IT PLS.

Hi there!

I am daily recieving this message from upwork :

"A job you submitted a proposal has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived"

.WHY ? WHY ? I AM LOSING SO MANY CONNECTS DUE TO THIS MESSAGE? IT IS VERY UNFAIR>>>>>HEY UPWORK ADMIN PLEASE STOP THESE THINGS>>>

I am not getting work due to this problem and only losing connects regularly.Kindly tell me the solution!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Imran U wrote:

Hi there!

"A job you submitted a proposal has been closed or has expired. Your proposal has been archived"

.WHY ? WHY ? I AM LOSING SO MANY CONNECTS DUE TO THIS MESSAGE? IT IS VERY UNFAIR>>>>>HEY UPWORK ADMIN PLEASE STOP THESE THINGS>>>

I am not getting work due to this problem and only losing connects regularly.Kindly tell me the solution!

You are losing no connects at all due to that message. This also has absolutely nothing to do with you not getting work. 

Your proposals are archived when the client hires someone else, or when a job post expires after a month of inactivity. That means you were not chosen by the client in question. That has nothing to do with Upwork. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Imran U wrote:

Hi there!

You are losing no connects at all due to that message. This also has absolutely nothing to do with you not getting work. 

Your proposals are archived when the client hires someone else, or when a job post expires after a month of inactivity. That means you were not chosen by the client in question. That has nothing to do with Upwork. 

ok,but tell me how to get work succesfully on upwork? i have done everything which i have known by upwork support to get work but its i think 4th month continously, that i am not hired by anyone ,I have got 2 works earlier here on Upwork and got 5 stars from my clients but after that no one is trying to even interviewing me .I continously submitting proposals since last Oct 2020.But all in vain.Anybody can help about this??

Hi Imran,

I am sorry for the late response. Every beginning can be difficult and everyone, including new freelancers, are experiencing highs and lows, but you shouldn't lose hope. You may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you create proposals that win jobs:

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

Is there a determined length of time that a job is posted and then becomes expired?  Out of the 90ish proposals (active and submitted) the time difference from the first to the last is 01/08/21 - 04/21/21.  I do see a trickle of connects being put back in the system, but since the system does not provide good analytics dashboard, I can't track this very easily or efficiently.  When I was looking at all the proposals, there were a few (8) that a contract had been signed with a different freelancer (I wish them all the best).  However, with that being said, why is this job not removed from my proposals list: active or submitted?

The more stricking of it all is that there are at least 50 proposals that are a month old or more.  If my memory serves me right, does the number of proposals affect your JSS or some other variable for rising talent or top talent.  If someone has some advice on this, it would greatly be apprecieated.

Hi Clinton,

If there's no activity on a job post for 30 days it will expire. If there's any activity on the job post it will not expire and it will remain active.

Regarding your second question, the number of proposals you're sending will not affect your account in any way. Your proposals will not affect your Job success score, Rising talent, or the Top Rated status. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths