🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork contract with client completed
Page options
craftandsew75
Community Member

Upwork contract with client completed

Hi. I've just completed my first proposal with Upwork. I have a weekly timesheet with various amounts of charges and hourly payments some say 'pending'. Can someone explain to me regarding the payments in particular; if the client doesn't verify the work is completed (also, if so how do they do this) within 5 days of completion of work, what then happens to the freelance's payment? I just want to be assured that there is some reminder or a default means to make sure the client verifies payment and doesn't dissappear or go on a long uncontactable holiday without doing so.
I think I'm due a payout this Wednesday and hope it's not still pending by then...
3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Ruby, 

Congratulations on your first contract! 

Since this is an Hourly Contract, you are paid based on the Weekly Billing Cycle:

Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork desktop app and Work Diary.
Week 2 – Hours within the weekly limit invoice to your clients on Monday. They have until Friday to review the work. Then the review period ends.
Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday.

Your client doesn't need to manually verify the work you completed, they can only file a dispute during the review period. If no action is taken on their end, your funds will be released to you as detailed above.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thanks for that clarification.
So, based on the billing cycle outlined. A project completed in a week,
will take 3+ weeks to receive a payment?

Regards, Ruby

Hi Ruby,

Based on the weekly billing schedule, your funds are available after 10 days. I'd suggest that you please check out the Weekly Billing Cycle help article for more information about getting paid for hourly contracts. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths