🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork does not recognise my city
Page options
audreymakokha
Community Member

Upwork does not recognise my city

Hi,

I am trying to create a profile on upwork but I am unable to complete the process because upwork does not recognize my city.

Please help.

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Audrey,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
petra_r
Community Member

Audrey M wrote:

I am trying to create a profile on upwork but I am unable to complete the process because upwork does not recognize my city.

That is probably because you have "accidentally" set your country as "Great Britain" although you are in Kenya.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Audrey,

I`ve updated your country and you can go update the rest of your address now, if further help is needed let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you,

I am still experiencing the same problem though.

Hi Audrey,

Please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem let me know. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you,

This worked.

l am having the same problem and have tried clearing cache, its not working

Hi Mandlenkosi,

Can you please share the name of the city so I can check? Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Bulawayo

Hi Mandlenkosi,

Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to service some countries and these countries aren't available in the location settings.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Is Barisal, Bangladesh listed on the city?

Hi Rakib,

As per checking, Barisal is available to be selected from the drop-down menu. May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi I am experiencing the same issue

I am located in Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 

it is not even providing me with a dropdown list. 

I cleared cache also. 

Hi Jessica,

We're sorry for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your completing your location information.  

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you,

I am looking forward to hearing from someone soon

I am experiencing the same issue as well. 
Upwork is not recognizing my city location: Bristol, VT.

Can you please help me to update my information as well?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sumi,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sumisin
Community Member

Thank you!

Hi,

for your information: I had the same problem and the solution was "turning off my vpn application running in the background"

With best regards,

Salomon

cdee3e5d
Community Member

Hi, Bojan. I'm having the same issue here. May you please have a look? Thank you.

Hi Michelle,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to add your city? If you`re still experiencing the same problem after this, please share the text of the error you`re receiving on your end. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran.

I tried clearing the cache and history of chrome but the same error message prompted. Thus I tried to use Edge but it couldn't even load the page.

Hi Michelle,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
c5c1de4a
Community Member

I have the same problem, that my city isn't on the list. What should I do? I'm from Germany

Hi Laura,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
eab8907e
Community Member

I'm having the same problem, my small town, Homer Illinois, is not in there. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Hi Jodi,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your address. Could you please make sure you're using a supported browser? Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know so I can have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths