🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork does not show Afghanistan in the l...
Page options
walid-mashal
Community Member

Upwork does not show Afghanistan in the list of countries

Hello everybody,

When I go to Settings->Contact Info->Location in the Country dropdown I am trying to select Afghanistan as my country and the city in afghanistan that I live in , but there is no option for Afghanistan that I can select, so I have to select Pakistan as my country.

I checked here

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067778-Eligibility-to-Join-Upwork?flash_digest=282ed...

and here

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx

but could not find anything.

Can Any body help me with this

13 REPLIES 13
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Walid,

Unfortunately we can't allow users in your location to register on the platform. At this time, due to restrictions by our banking partners, we are unable to offer services to anyone located in Afghanistan. I`m sorry about the inconvenience. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, I am Afghan national but currently I live in Pakistan. If I upload my passport or national ID card in which the address is Kabul (Afghanistan), and my current address is Peshawar (Pakistan), will this create any problem for me? Thanks!

Hi Javed,

Feel free to upload your ID and our team will review it. If additional information is needed our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions. 
You can also refer to the instructions shared with you on your ticket, on how to complete your verification or post any additional questions. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

OK thanks, I will submit my ID and lets see what happens.##- Please type
your reply above this line -##

Hi.
Does exists any way to create account from Afghanistan?

Hi Shafiq,

Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to service certain countries as we aren't able to send payments there. In those cases, the country will not appear in the list when setting a location.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
sadiq115
Community Member

Hello Upwork team
I am afghan freelancer I am trying to buy connections using a standard valid master card which is issued in Afghanistan but in billing counters list I can't find Afghanistan name if you please guide me I will really thank full,
and Upwork team why Afghanistan is not in your country list every day a lot of jobs announce which needs afghan freelancer especially in the translation of Pashto and Dari if please add Afghanistan in your country list it will be a big help for us

thank you
regards

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sediqullah,

Unfortunately, Upwork isn't able to service certain countries as we aren't able to send payments there. In those cases, the country will not appear in the list when setting a location. We apologize for the inconvenience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
jsalehy1
Community Member

Dear Bojan, Although upwork can't directly send payments to Afghanistan, Payoneer can. Would it be possible for Afghans to work on upwork and recieve their payments through Payoneer?

As a pal mentioned earlier there are a lot of jobs that need Afghan expertise such as translation of Pashto and Dari, it would be a great help if we could work.

Thanks for your help

4f144151
Community Member

This is not just.

Hi Dear i Am from Afghnistan but there is no Afghanistan in the list so i selected pakistan...

but if i connect pament with my paypal account so will i recieve it in afghanistan or not... i mean wiill it be connected with my account number in afghanistan ? 

Hi Goran, 

I have the same problem, since I am living in Afghanistan, the only way for me to work is to work as a freelancer.

Actually my brother lives in Netherlands,  so is it possible to do the payment stuff using his location? I just work from Afghanistan and then the payment will be done using Netherlands system?

8726f218
Community Member

hello dear I completed everythings in my fiver account from Afghanistan but there isnt Afghanistant name in the list, however i can manage and can take money from upwork without banking system. could you please help me in this regards,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths