🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork doesn't recognize my address when I tr...
Page options
cb5295a0
Community Member

Upwork doesn't recognize my address when I try to create a profile

As the subject states my address isn't listed in Upworks available auto-fills and it does not accept my manually typed or Chrome auto-fill. It seems there are many others who have experienced the same issue when creating their profile, however posting this and waiting for a response seems to be the only way to resolve the location verification issue.

Thanks!

(P.S. I'm available to work on this issue)

53 REPLIES 53
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you have tried filling-in your address in the very first field? Once you start typing in this field, it should auto-populate with different addresses and will show as a drop-down option. You should be able to select your address from there. Once selected, the rest of the fields populate. 

Please also try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists. 

~ Avery
Upwork
cb5295a0
Community Member

Yes, I have tried that. My address isn't one of the options, similar ones
pop up from other states.
cb5295a0
Community Member

Yes, I have tried that. It populates with addresses similar to mine from other states, but not mine.

Also when I manually type it (with all accurate information) it accepts everything, city, state, zip... just not my address. When I click next it keeps saying "This field is required". Again this seems like an issue many people have had on this forum. Tried different browsers, cookies etc.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ac923c3f
Community Member

I am having this same issue

Hi Mike,

Could you please follow the instructions Avery shared in one of her posts here: 

• Before I proceed, I wanted to check if you have tried filling-in your address in the very first field? Once you start typing in this field, it should auto-populate with different addresses and will show as a drop-down option. You should be able to select your address from there. Once selected, the rest of the fields populate. 

Please also try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser to see if the issue persists. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

This is happening to me too. I’ve followed the instructions in this thread with no luck. Please advise.

Hi Joe,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your address. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
3777e555
Community Member

Hey there, I am having the same issue. I go to type in my address as it appears on my state issued ID and the drop down does not list my address as a possible option. I am typing in ht information correctly and my cookies are cleared. I am unable to create and verify my account because of this.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Triston,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ae0bd3da
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I just bought a brand new house, in a brand new development and it doesn't even show up on google maps yet. I have tried everything suggested here. The address does not exist in the drop down. Thanks.

Hi Gregory,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties adding your address. Does it give you the option to enter the address manually? If so, you may enter your full address using that. If not, please let me know with a screenshot of what you can see from your end and I'll have the Customer Support team further assist you with this.

~ Arjay
Upwork
ae0bd3da
Community Member

Anyone can manually add their address. The issue is your system will not accept it if it's not in the drop down list. Attached are screenshots.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Gregory,

I'll have one of the team members look into this error and assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page once your case is fully reviewed. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
59d561cd
Community Member

I am having the same issue as others on this thread and have tried the suggestions provided with no success. Suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Julie,

I see that you've successfully added your address and I can confirm that your profile has been accepted. Welcome to Upwork! Looks like you're all set. Best of luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
3757b069
Community Member

I can't set up my profile.  I am having the same issue as well.  Upworks will not accept my address.  I've tried different browsers.  I have tried filling-in my address in the very first field.   My address is not an auto-populated choice in the drop-down option. I tried putting  in only my city, state, zip & that didn't work either.  

Penny H.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Penny,

Looks like you were able to complete your address information. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assitance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
36ba588e
Community Member

I'm having the same issue and the bot doesn't help. I'm in a new build but it's recognized by both Google and Apple Maps.

Hi James,

We truly appreciate you reaching out and welcome to Upwork. I have checked your account and it doesn't look like you need to undergo a verification just yet. If the team finds the need for you to do so, you will receive an email detailing the instructions on how to complete your verification. We seek your patience and cooperation while we sort this out for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
809ae6f7
Community Member

I'm having the same issue with my address which is definitely correct, and I can't get past that section. 

Hi Jasmine,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Please let us know if the issue persists along with the screenshot of what you can see from your end and we'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
94bbcfca
Community Member

I am having the same issue.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread and it's not working.  Please advise.  Thank you.

Hi Stefanie,

I checked directly on your account and you should be able to see the option to add your address manually below, like in this screenshot. If you continue to experience issues please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we could check.

~Andrea
Upwork
94bbcfca
Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for checking. Here is a screenshot of what I see. I don't see
where I can enter my information manually.

Stefanie

Hi Stefanie,

Thanks for coming back here to give us an update. I tried checking the screenshot you mentioned; however, you may have missed adding it in your reply. Could you please share the screenshot again?

~ Joanne
Upwork
1d26b5ad
Community Member

Same here.  No mix of browsers/cache- or cookie-clearing works.

Hi Robert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

Hello, 

I see that this has been an issue for quite a while and it doesn't appear as though much has been done to correct it.

I have been in my home for 17 years and when I type in my address, a bunch of incorrect information populates in the dropdown menu, my address does not.  My address has been recognized by every other system for about 16 years.  Clearing cookies is not effective.

Hello CK,

You should be able to see the option to add your address manually below, like in this screenshot. If you continue to experience issues please let us know and share a screenshot of the error so we could check.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
94bbcfca
Community Member

Hi, I still can't enter my address.  I received an email to send a screenshot, which I did.  Help!  There is no option to enter manually, either

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can check and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
94bbcfca
Community Member

[image: Screenshot 2023-03-28 at 11.48.25 AM.png]
c5dbeaef
Community Member

I am also having this issue. The suggested addresses show my street address but for different cities.

Hi Seirra,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end?

~ AJ
Upwork
cbb88ab5
Community Member

I have also had trouble finishing my address, can not get past this point. Attached is screenshot.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets and coordinate with the team here once your case is fully reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
870196c7
Community Member

I am having this same issue!  I am using the exact address that all of my other mail comes to!  Nothing even close to me in the drop down menu!  How do you fix this? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths