🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork first Job
Page options
04cc74f9
Community Member

Upwork first Job

I cannot get my first job on upwork its been 4 months I am active and i dont even have connects, If I buy connects what are the chances of job and how much shall I buy and I saw a promoted one to buy and that was giving 70 connects per month with other facilities, which one shall I buy, I really need a job and I am professional and experianced. Moreover I am approved freelancer by Upwork with zero jobs done. Help Please, I need your Guied 

2 REPLIES 2
ramilaquinojr
Community Member

Hi Hamza.

I can feel your frustration with still not having to land your first Upwork project after 4 months. I remember it was the same when I started. But when you finally get that first job and then the next ones, things become exponentially easier.

I'm no expert but I think there are rooms for improvement for your profile. Many guides can be found in the internet for this. After improving your profile, I think the most important thing is to improve your proposal writing skills. I think profile is a minimum requirement to get considered. But it's your proposal which will actually land you the project.

Here are some guides on proposal writing. There are many others (not sure if I can share third party links, you can just Google for more).

https://www.upwork.com/resources/write-proposals-freelancer-advice

https://www.upwork.com/resources/how-to-create-a-proposal-that-wins-jobs

I think you were referring to Freelancer Plus when you mentioned the promoted one with 70 connects per month. If you are serious with making a career in Upwork, I would recommend taking it. Aside from keeping your profile always public, it give you insights on the current bid range of other freelancers. This allows you to 'position' your bid following your strategy.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

JoanneP

Hi Hamza,

I understand that it can be frustrating not to hear back from clients after submitting your proposal especially if you have just started to work as a freelancer. With several other freelancers in your category also vying to win the position that the client is looking to hire, it is important that you stand out by showcasing your skills and experiences. We recommend that you please check out the resources below to help you improve your profile and create a winning proposal:

Enhance Your Freelancer Profile for Greater Success

Upwork Profiles: Why a Great Title and Overview Can Make a Difference

How to Create a Profile Intro Video

8+ Tips to Help You Create a Profile That Stands Out

Make Your Freelancer Profile More Visible & Appealing

How to Create a More Successful Portfolio

A How-To Guide for Your Profile Picture

How to Create a Proposal that Wins Jobs 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics