🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork hourly payment
Page options
farihaabbasi
Community Member

Upwork hourly payment

Hi Greetings, I have just accepted my first offer on upwork. It says 4hrs/week and to pay $40/hour. I wanna know how will it work, how will I be getting my payment? Do I need to report after each hour completed and then will I be getting my $40 for that hour work done?  

Thanks, Im new to upwork and guidance is needed so I shouldn't get trap in any fraud. 

Fariha Abbasi

4 REPLIES 4
ruijterthera
Community Member

Hello!

You will need to download the Upwork app onto your computer. This will then need to be switched on, after which it will track your work progress by taking occasional pictures. These are then added to the Upwork time line and show that you have done the work.

Hope this makes sense 🙂

Thera

colettelewis
Community Member

@Fariha A wrote:

Hi Greetings, I have just accepted my first offer on upwork. It says 4hrs/week and to pay $40/hour. I wanna know how will it work, how will I be getting my payment? Do I need to report after each hour completed and then will I be getting my $40 for that hour work done?  

Thanks, Im new to upwork and guidance is needed so I shouldn't get trap in any fraud. 

Fariha Abbasi

Adding to what Thera says, you should read everything there is to know about Upwork first, but here is a useful link: Watch all the modules #5 will show you how hourly payments work.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fariha,

Congrats on your first job! To learn more about how you get paid for Hourly Contract please check this article. You can also read this article to learn more about Hourly Protection for Freelancers and how to use Work Diary to track your hours.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan,

Thank you. I forgot to add the link! Smiley Embarassed

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths