cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork jobs

Kayla W Member Since: Dec 19, 2016
1 of 5

I am not exactly sure on what location to post this. I am new to this back in September. I have sent tons of proposals and have recieved a bunch. They all want to talk on Google Hangouts. We begin, then I go back into the proposal and it is declined but they still want an interview.  They then want to send me a check to get there software. They have all been scams. I don't know if my account is hacked or my email has been hacked. I am ready to give up on this.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 5

You're in data entry, you're new, you're in the US. To them, you're fresh meat.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
3 of 5

What Rene said.

But also - focus on just a few skills rather than being all over the place. Lose the personal information in the second paragraph of your overview - clients don't need to see that and are not interested in your personal life. The rest of it should be more about the client and what you can do for them. Raise your rates a bit.

Then be more discerning about the jobs you're bidding on. Scammers are pretty easy to spot.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 5

What René and Virginia said.

Unfortunately, all your categories are key words and scammer magnets, but you could try removing "data entry" from your overview, which is the one that really gets their antennae twitching.

Perhaps you should add office management (rather than administration), scheduler,  and quick books accounting.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 5

re: " I don't know if my account is hacked or my email has been hacked."

Your account has not been hacked. Your email has not been hacked.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS