🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Upwork local job as freelancer
Page options
craigpetty
Community Member

Upwork local job as freelancer

How can i get local job where i live i try to get job in the same area where i live.I. just worry be a freelancer i have to travel aot?

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

Craig, you really need to stop using Upwork until you have more understanding about how it works.

The jobs posted on Upwork are not intended for you to travel to an office to do the work. These are jobs that are intended to be done remotely, by freelancers who work on a computer in their home.

Thanks I didn't know all the job where remote so I dont have to travel. I understand how works now.

Preston H wrote:

Craig, you really need to stop using Upwork until you have more understanding about how it works.

The jobs posted on Upwork are not intended for you to travel to an office to do the work. These are jobs that are intended to be done remotely, by freelancers who work on a computer in their home.

Sometimes strange people ring my doorbell. I never open, but I assume they are clients. 

petra_r
Community Member

Craig P wrote:

How can i get local job where i live i try to get job in the same area where i live.I. just worry be a freelancer i have to travel aot?

The whole point of online freelancing is that the work is almost invariably done online. The whole point is that it does not matter where you and the client are...

I have done over 200 jobs for clients all over the world and never once traveled or met a client face-to-face.

kat303
Community Member

I travel a lot for every job I do. I travel to the kitchen, to the living room, and sometimes to my back yard. Other then that, I have WORKED with clients in India, Australia, and elsewhere, ALL while still in my home. 

I have seen jobs posted where a client is looking for a freelancer Local to where the client is, to physically come to their (client's) office. In fact, have seen at least 3 or 4 jobs posted in ALL the years I've been here, that were local to where I live. But those are extremely rare. 

Some people have to travel to the job and work at home part time. So I don't think this is. a. bad question. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths