🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork newbie: Looking for some honest feedba...
Page options
ginny-urquhart
Community Member

Upwork newbie: Looking for some honest feedback to land my first job on Upwork!

Hi! I am new to Upwork but have a few years of experience- so I do have a complete profile and portfolio. I am writing custom proposals but am still not getting any responses. I would really appreciate if somebody could review my profile and provide some honest feedback? Thank you so much!
4 REPLIES 4
piclio90
Community Member

Hi Virginia

Don't worry, there is nothing wrong with your profile. It just takes time, in the beginning, to get interaction with clients.

I recommend you to start looking for small jobs for which you are overqualified. in this way the client will trust that you can do it and you will get a good rating because you will have exceeded their expectations.

Keep in mind that customers can restrict their search to frelancer who have previously worked in upwork. Do not waste your conects on those jobs. Nor in unverified payment ads. Find an employer that has some good feedbacks and needs something that you can do with your eyes closed.

And finally, the most important thing: mention in your cover letters that you are new in Upwork but it doesn't mean you don't have a lot of experience, talk directly to the client, propose him alternatives, improvements to his project.

Hope to be helpful

Thank you so much for the super helpful advice- will do! I appreciate your response.
robin_hyman
Community Member

Instead of one long paragraph as your profile, break it up into 2-3 lined paragraphs.  I bet clients aren't reading it if it is too long.  Also, your profile title is boring.  You're in a competitive field so make sure it stands out (as well as the first 2-3 lines of your profile which is what a client sees in a search).

Keep applying!  Good luck!

anton_tv
Community Member

I am sitting here for months... Everyone will still tell me that's OK... And Upwork will still suck my money for "contacts".

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths