🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork's fiscal residence certificate 2020
Page options
c97b7a68
Community Member

Upwork's fiscal residence certificate 2020

Hello!

Our accountant has just informed us we need a copy of Upwork's fiscal residence certificate for 2020 in order for us to avoid paying double taxes.

How can I get a hold of that?

Many thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Owen,

I would like to confirm that we don't have the document you`re asking for. You can download your invoices for each transaction and share it with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks for your speedy response.

Does Upwork pay taxes in the EU? If so, they have a certificate which proves their fiscal residency.

petra_r
Community Member

Owen M wrote:

Does Upwork pay taxes in the EU? If so, they have a certificate which proves their fiscal residency.

Why would they? They're in California. 

Hi Owen,

I'd like to ask a member of our team to reach out to you directly and confirm the information you need. They will be able to provide Upwork's EU VAT number but I suspect you might actually need the information that is available in your Reports and invoices. Our team will reach out to you shortly to assist you further.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I have the same, issue, can someone reach out with the same VAT number to me as well please?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with the VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Owen M wrote:

Hello!

Our accountant has just informed us we need a copy of Upwork's fiscal residence certificate for 2020 in order for us to avoid paying double taxes.

How can I get a hold of that?

Many thanks in advance!

Still the same accountant that got all confused how to book connects as a business expense? I'm starting to suspect you really don't need an accountant and he/she is making stuff up to justify their salary. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths