cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upwork won't let me create an account to join a team

Highlighted
Christine D Member Since: Jul 31, 2020
1 of 13

I've been invited to join a team, but upwork won't let me past the initial registration page. 
I had made it past it, but had to delete because there was no way to edit my profile.

Now I can't get in at all, and had to make up a pretend account just to be able to reach any help. 

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
2 of 13

Hi Christine,

I checked and was able to locate the account you're referring to, which appears to be closed. Would you like me to re-open it for you so that you can attempt to accept an invite to join the team again? If you run into any issues with that, follow up here and we'll assist you further.

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
BEST ANSWER
3 of 13

yeah, that would be good, but how do I edit the overview?  I didn't actually write one when joining, because I wanted to review some in my category (as suggested, with a link, in the section) but I couldn't view them until I finished set up, but then couldn't go back and edit it after setup. 

Reactivation and help with how to get to that section for editing would be truly wonderful!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
4 of 13

this is the error I'm getting - screenshot attached

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
5 of 13

Christine, I restored your original account and you should be able to log in now. If you want to edit your overview or any other part of your profile you can fo to Find Work>Profile. You can also now follow the link on the email notification you received inviting you to a team, or ask a team member to resend it. Please note you will need to close this second account as freelancers can't have more than one account. Let us know if you run into any issues.

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
6 of 13

thank you, I'm in and set up.  I can't see anything about a team, though.  Where do I find that?

Highlighted
7 of 13

I accepted an offer to join a team, and created a profile to do so.  However, I cannot see that I am part of a team. 
How do I see the team I joined?

Highlighted
8 of 13

Hi Christine,

I checked and I can see the Agency has sent you an invite, you should be able to find the email notification and click on the green button that says "Accept Invitation". Once you follow through this process you will be able to see your Agency account when clicking on your picture in the upper right-hand corner.

~Andrea
Untitled
Highlighted
9 of 13

yes, I followed the invitation link in the email, but it does not show anything about an agency or team anywhere, even though it said I was added to my coworkers account.

Highlighted
10 of 13

I'm going to go ahead and delete this account, and post my question with the account I actually want.