🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Joining/seeing a team
Page options
71d4c6c2
Community Member

Upwork won't let me create an account to join a team

I've been invited to join a team, but upwork won't let me past the initial registration page. 
I had made it past it, but had to delete because there was no way to edit my profile.

Now I can't get in at all, and had to make up a pretend account just to be able to reach any help. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
71d4c6c2
Community Member

yeah, that would be good, but how do I edit the overview?  I didn't actually write one when joining, because I wanted to review some in my category (as suggested, with a link, in the section) but I couldn't view them until I finished set up, but then couldn't go back and edit it after setup. 

Reactivation and help with how to get to that section for editing would be truly wonderful!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
AndreaG

Hi Christine,

I checked and was able to locate the account you're referring to, which appears to be closed. Would you like me to re-open it for you so that you can attempt to accept an invite to join the team again? If you run into any issues with that, follow up here and we'll assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
71d4c6c2
Community Member

yeah, that would be good, but how do I edit the overview?  I didn't actually write one when joining, because I wanted to review some in my category (as suggested, with a link, in the section) but I couldn't view them until I finished set up, but then couldn't go back and edit it after setup. 

Reactivation and help with how to get to that section for editing would be truly wonderful!

71d4c6c2
Community Member

this is the error I'm getting - screenshot attached

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Christine, I restored your original account and you should be able to log in now. If you want to edit your overview or any other part of your profile you can fo to Find Work>Profile. You can also now follow the link on the email notification you received inviting you to a team, or ask a team member to resend it. Please note you will need to close this second account as freelancers can't have more than one account. Let us know if you run into any issues.

~Andrea
Upwork
ff567c83
Community Member

thank you, I'm in and set up.  I can't see anything about a team, though.  Where do I find that?

I accepted an offer to join a team, and created a profile to do so.  However, I cannot see that I am part of a team. 
How do I see the team I joined?

Hi Christine,

I checked and I can see the Agency has sent you an invite, you should be able to find the email notification and click on the green button that says "Accept Invitation". Once you follow through this process you will be able to see your Agency account when clicking on your picture in the upper right-hand corner.

~Andrea
Upwork
ff567c83
Community Member

yes, I followed the invitation link in the email, but it does not show anything about an agency or team anywhere, even though it said I was added to my coworkers account.

ff567c83
Community Member

I'm going to go ahead and delete this account, and post my question with the account I actually want.

Hi Christine, 

I checked your account, and I can see that you are already added to the agency. You can check this by clicking on your profile photo once you're logged in to your account. Please let us know if you have other questions. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
ff567c83
Community Member

I was invited to join a team, and the team owner says she can see that I joined, but I still cannot see anything about the team on my page. 
How do I interact with the team I joined?

New freelancer, team member of agency. 
I cannot set the agency as my default team, the directions in the help section direct me to a setting that doesn't seem to exist. 
I presume I need to do this in order to submit proposals on behalf of the agency, which I currently also do not have the option to do.

dad62b59
Community Member

Hello good day ..I have been trying to open an agency account but it keeps telling me (sorry at the moment we cant switch to the reference context)..and now the agency button isn't showing anymore.. please I need your help on this... please.. thanks

Hi Andrew,

I checked and it looks like you already have an Agency. Please know that you can only be the Agency Owner for one Agency.

~Andrea
Upwork
f9d8f417
Community Member

Hello good day,

I just recently joined or accepted a team invite but I can't see any teams or any other account except for the team owner. Please help. Thanks in advance

Hi Joseph,

I took a closer look at this account you're currently using and it's a client account. Please note that for you to be invited and join an agency, you need to have a freelancer account first. Could you please confirm if you're referring to another or a different account? If so, please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one account, and having multiple ones is a violation of Upwork's TOS. Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f9d8f417
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Thank you for looking at my concern. This is all good now, the team owner invited me again on each room. Thank you

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths