🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Urgent: Spam received following document ...
Page options
efb20435
Community Member

Urgent: Spam received following document download

I searched the question about if it is safe to download documents sent via messages and so many commuity conversations came up about this, which did not calm the question I have about if it is safe. If different and multiple people's systems are alerting them to the downloading of documents not being safe, can we not deduce the need to look into this? As a new customer, I'm apprehensive with this document exchange process. 

The first document downloaded was followed by a miscellanous, unknown and unapproved download to my Google Drive! How did this happen and how can UpWork allow this to happen? 

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Katalina,

Upwork takes the safety of the files you share with utmost security. You might want to read this article to learn more. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "As a new customer, I'm apprehensive with this document exchange process."

If you are apprehensive about using Upwork to exchange documents, then don't use Upwork to exchange documents.

You can use whatever tool, technique or service you want to for exchanging documents.

I have completed hundreds of jobs as both freelancer and client on Upwork. My work involves thousands of files. I rarely use Upwork for exchanging files. It is not a document exchange tool.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths