🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: User Agreement
Page options
serahjen
Community Member

User Agreement

Hi everyone! 

I am a new freelancer and my interview with my first client was done in zoom. When I sent my proposal he replied about the job, asked if I was available, I said yes, and he sent a zoom link. The interview was about the job qualifications like the normal ones. After that, he sent me the contract/offer in Upwork, I accepted it and I started working on the same night. Since I'm starting, I decided to read the policies, checking the emails sent by Upwork, and I found out that the new policy requires users to do the interview via Upwork platform. I’m really scared that my account may get suspended because of this. When I received the email about the new policy, I wasn’t able to read it because I had a full time job, was taking care of other things and I was inactive in Upwork. I also had an interview via Skype for a part time job way before the new policy had started so I thought that would be fine. Also, I saw that my client just joined Upwork this year so he may not be aware about this. I know this is my mistake and I really regret not reading the policy before starting. I’m now reading all the Terms of Service, other policies of Upwork and being extra careful. I’m also thinking about contacting customer support but I don’t know what to say. I’m really scared as I don't want my account to be suspended since I left my full time job and decided to pursue my freelancing career here in Upwork. Can anyone help me with this please.

Thank you so much in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
JoanneP

Hi Sarah Jane,

Taking communications with a freelancer or client off of Upwork before a contract is in place is against our Terms of Service. Could you please send me a PM with more information about this so I can check? Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
serahjen
Community Member

Hello Joanne,

I appreciate your reply. I've sent you a private message.

Thanks again.

Sarah

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths