🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Username for Upwork is now 'incorrect.' I thi...
Page options
justinyip
Community Member

Username for Upwork is now 'incorrect.' I think my access has been revoked. Please help!

Hello,

My username for Upwork is now 'incorrect.' I think my access has been revoked. 

I can no longer login to access my account. I just started this account several days ago for web/mobile development and have been buying connects and submitting proposals.

Today, I tried to login and get a 'incorrect username' message.

I did not receive any notifcation or or email notice. I am just looking to posibly start a new flow of income through Upwork, especially if things continue the way they are around the world.

I looked up similar cases and saw that maybe the account was closed because I actually do have two accounts and did not know that was not allowed. I am using an old account now, but would like to close this one and reopen the other one. 

This account I created as a U.S. citizen living in Thailand, with providing writing services as my focus. My account was never approved because my 'writing skills' were not in demand enough. I added a few skills just to be able to get approved to post for help in this community.

Now, I have returned to the U.S. and just created a new account focused on providing web/mobile development services. This is the account I cannot access.

Please delete this active account and restore the more recent one that I just created. And/or, please let me know what happened with the access to my account. I would like to know what happened as I was really looking forward to getting some work and contracts through Upwork. Also, I did not receive any email notification of why my username suddenly did not work. Please help me to find out why and also to restore the my account.

Thank you and regards,

Justin

1 REPLY 1
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Justin,

Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account you are referring to so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths