🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Using VPN
Page options
zokirn
Community Member

Using VPN

Hi Upwork team. I am using "Browsec VPN - Free and Unlimited VPN" for my internet connection. Location shows "Netherlands". My location is Uzbekistan. VPN is always "ON". Search engines such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, and others can't be opened without a VPN. When I working I use a PC with the same IP. Some persons say that you will be banned for this VPN as you registered in Uzbekistan and the location shows you another location. What should I do? Can you please explain the way? Because without VPN  I can't get the information to work on Upwork.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zokir,

You may use a VPN to connect to the Upwork site. However, be advised that if there are inconsistencies with your IP location your account may be flagged to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Thank you for your reply. I am working in the office. My company has some restrictions on internet access. To avoid this we use VPN. 

So when I use the Upwork platform this IP address is coming. 

IP address with VPN  198.16.66.141              IP address without  VPN 195.158.21.22

I  work on a rotational basis. 14-day work, 7-day vacation

I have 2 computers. 1 is in the office for work, and another in my room, where I live during the working period. 2 computers belong to the company, so the user is me. So the question:

1. It will not be a problem that I use 2 computers for working on Upwork?
  2. When I go on vacation, I want to work on Upwork from my own home, from my own Laptop or PC. So there will be 3 or 4 computers that I will available to work through my Login and password. But be sure, no one has access to my e-mail, Login, Passwords, not only info from Upwork, but other social media websites also. Avoid this I have a phone verification if I entered from another device or I have another mail where came message that another device is used. 

So can you please explain these to me?

Thank you one more for your help.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zokir,

Logging in from multiple devices or locations is not a violation and you`re more than welcomed to work from anywhere you would like.

As you mentioned, I would also recommend to always make sure that you`re logged out from a device if you'll be using another one afterward due to security reasons. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths