cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Using friend credit card to buy connects

Highlighted
Tamim B Member Since: May 15, 2015
1 of 15

I don't have any credit cards to buy new connects applying for new jobs. So, I decieded to buy new connects using my friend credit card. My friend is also a Upwork registered freelancer and he buys his connects regularly using his credit card which I am thinking to use. 

Will there be any problem if both accounts use same credit card to buy connects? Is there any chance to be banned? 

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 15

Upwork allows freelancers to use someone else's credit card to purchase connects, as long as you have permission to use that card.

Could there be problems?

Well... possibly this could flag a security check... but you are not violating any rules. Because you and your friend are two distinct people who are using your true identities, you will be able to pass any identity verification checks.

Highlighted
Brijesh K Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
3 of 15
Hello! I'm using visa card to buy connects and card owner is my father and I bought it! But I can't see updated connect on my account! Will this takes time?
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 15

Hi Brijesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your connects. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Brijesh K Member Since: Aug 3, 2018
5 of 15

I'm waiting for solution!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robin H Member Since: May 28, 2019
6 of 15

Sounds fishy.  Why not use another method of payment?

Highlighted
Shihab M Member Since: Jul 10, 2020
7 of 15

Other than Paying with card the only option is to pay with Upwork balance. What if a new seller wants to buy connects? *Upwork does not accept Local Visa/Mastercard/Amex cards it has to be International Card. Fo an international card, User needs to have a passport and endorse it. A lot of paperwork and documentation needed for it and especially time. That is why is gonna use a friend's/parent's card. Not fishy, it's a common thing here.

Highlighted
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
8 of 15

Hi Shihab,

I would just like to add that you can also consider using PayPal in order to purchase Connects. You can check out all of the available Billing Methods in this help article.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
BEST ANSWER
9 of 15

Hi Tamim,

As long as the owner of the billing method authorized you to use it, you should be able to add it to your account. If any issues arise, Upwork team will notify you directly.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Tahir M Member Since: Jul 16, 2020
10 of 15

Does  Upwork hold my account if I do not buy connects or I will not bid on any project?