🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Using the same tax ID/EIN for two Upwork ...
Page options
stevencollide
Community Member

Using the same tax ID/EIN for two Upwork accounts

My business partner and I operate a digital marketing agency together. Before that we had separate Upwork accounts doing our own freelance work. Now that we're under a business together, we report all our earnings through the company - one single EIN. He is currently using our S-Corp's EIN for his Upwork account. Can I also attach the same EIN to my Upwork account? We still withdraw to separate bank accounts, but just report our earnings through the same business/EIN.

7 REPLIES 7
lqdhvn
Community Member

I have the same question!

JoanneP

Hi Steven and Scott,

I shared your concern with the team, and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
2fbf832e
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I am in the same situation, may I please also be contacted regarding the issue as I don't know how to solve it.

Hi Jonah,

Arjay here stepping in for Joanne. I've shared your concern with the relevant team for further review. Kindly expect an update from one of the members on this page once your case is thoroughly reviewed.

~ Arjay
Upwork
logodesignbee
Community Member

Hi Steven,

Can you let me know how your issue was resolved? Were you allowed to use the same EIN for multiple accounts?

I am in the same situation.

Thanks

Hi Naushad,

Unfortunately, we aren't able to specifically advise users on what information they need to enter to their tax forms and you may want to consult with a tax professional regarding this.
Generally, if a user has an individual Freelancer account, then they may enter their personal SSN in their W-9 form.
If a user is a part of an Upwork agency, receiving payment through that agency, they may use the company's EIN on the agency account.
Note that if SSN / EIN name does not match the name on the Upwork account, then this may cause a mismatch during our IRS reporting.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
2fbf832e
Community Member

Hi Andrea, if my business partner and I use the same business TAX number on 2 different accounts, but withdraw to the same bank account, will this be accepted? (non-US)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths