🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » VAT Number Italy
Page options
aguilar-monica
Community Member

VAT Number Italy

Hi there! I am looking for some help! So I created my profile and currently I am working in Italy so I submitted my VAT number but was not approved. Searching through the upwork community I found another person had a similar problem and they suggested to this person to check in the VIES page and submitting again. I did and I was not allowed to use my VAT number across borders but I contacted my accountant and he managed to modified that and now everything should work smoothly. 

However, I submitted again the VAT number but it is still pending approval, can you help me with that?

Thank you so much.

9 REPLIES 9
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Monica,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further with VAT.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you! Best regards.

Hi,
I have a similar problem, but with Dutch VAT nr. I just received information the verification was negative. Could you help me with that?
Best,
Lukasz

Hi Lukasz,

Just to confirm, is your VAT number verified in the VIES database? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,
Thanks for such a quick response. Yes, the VIES database says it is correct and active.

Hi Lukasz,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your VAT number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Luke,

They sent me a link to fill and submit documents in order for them to verify the identity. I haven't been able to solve it because they ask for several documents that I don't have because (such as billing adress with my name on it or with partner's name but I would have to have the same last name... and it's not like that)  but I recommend you writting in the community someone from the agents will help you and send you and you will have to submit again, best of luck

Hi Could you please help me how to solve this issue.

I have an account from Italy and my VAT is verified by their local goverment website "agenzia delle entrate" while Upwork is still cutting my VAT as they are verifying it on VIES website which dosent show the data. They already have shown that they dont show every country's data but the support is closing the ticket without solving it.

PLease tell me a way so i will get my tax money and submit it otherwise i have to pay it twice.

Thanks in advance

Looking forward to hear from you soon

Regards,

Salman

Hi Salman Ahmed,

Please, note that the tax ID that you submit must be in the format provided by VIES, or Upwork won't be able to validate it. I see that Arjay has already responded to you here and a support agent has already shared additional information with you via your support ticket. I encourage you to refer to that information. You may need to discuss this with your local tax advisor as we aren't able to provide tax advice.
Please, refrain from creating multiple support requests or Community comments about the same topic. When interacting with others in the Community and on the platform, please adhere to the Community Guidelines and Upwork TOS.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths