Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT for UK LTD company

Active Member
Rafal N Member Since: Nov 21, 2016
1 of 2

I'm in Poland now, but got LTD company registered in UK, which is not registered to pay VAT (non-VAT company) What about paying VAT by me?

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Rafal,


Please speak with a tax advisor both in Poland and in the UK about the VAT and other charges related to services you provide to your clients.


To clarify in case you're confused by the VAT number on your tax page, it only applies to services provided by Upwork to you as a freelancer, which include the service fee, premium memberships plans and Connects purchase. We only charge and remit VAT changes on services to freelancers who haven't entered a VAT number.You are responsible for the VAT related to the services provided by you to the client.