🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » VAT number and taxes in Sweden
Page options
e1195e66
Community Member

VAT number and taxes in Sweden

Hi,

I am new here and I currently live in Sweden. I saw that to be able to work through UpWork we need to have a VAT number and a

W-8BEN. Can please someone help me with this. How do I get them? I contacted Skatteverket but they couldn't really help me.

Bests,

Lina

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Lina,

Thank you for your message. You can fill out the W-8BEN form here. You will need to contact your local tax advisor to check for your VAT number.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
e1195e66
Community Member

Hi,

Yes I know about the tax page that we need to fill on upwork. But I don't know what to write for the W-8BEN. Also I contacted the local tax advisor for the VAT number but they couldn't help me. That's why I was wondering if there are any swedish people here who can tell me how they did.

Bests,

Lina

Hi Lina,

Thank you for your message. You need to update your legal name and address and indicate whether you are a US citizen on the W-8BEN form. We cannot assist you with getting a VAT number in your country. I suggest you contact your local tax advisor for better assistance on how to get a VAT number in your country. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
yannicklagher
Community Member

Hi everyone,

@Lina, I'm also Swedish and struggling with adding the VAT-number. I know mine but it just says that it doesnt work an then nothing how to solve it.

@Pradeep, When we add our correct VAT-number it says taht it doesnt work. How do we solve this?

Hi Yannick,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths