🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: VAT number and unpaid work
Page options
veronica-elina
Community Member

VAT number and unpaid work

Hello,

I'm still new to Upwork and would have two questions.

1) I'm from France. I tried saving my VAT number in my account, but I received an email saying it was rejected. However, I checked on the VIES page and my number is valid. What can I do to submit my VAT here? I know the number is correct.

2) I performed a paid test for a job 2 weeks ago. On Friday the 24th of July, I submitted my test within the deadline and requested payment and approval. The client said they received the test and would check with their client if I'm fit for the job. The client said they would contact me on Monday the 26th of July. 

But I never heard from the client again. I sent another message and request for approval last Friday, but still no reaction from the client. Shouldn't they pay for the test even though they didn't pick me for the job?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Veronica

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Veronica,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with adding your VAT number. 

If the client has simply stopped responding but the milestone was funded in escrow, then the client has a period of 14 days from the most recent work submission on a milestone to review and request any changes, after which the funds will automatically be released from escrow to you.

You don't want to submit the work more than once, since this resets the clock back to the beginning and you will have to wait 14 days from your most recent submission for the funds to be released if the client does not take action on their end. You can have a look at this article about Fixed-Price Protection for more information.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you very much for your prompt and clear reply.

Best regards,

Veronica
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths