🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Vacation
Page options
hv2292015
Community Member

Vacation

For how many days can I take leave from Upwork?? What about maternity leaves?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ms S wrote:

thanks for your reply... if i take leave for one month, will it affect my status that i have earned so far... will upwork suspend my account if i remain unavailable more than one month?

As long as your clients are aware this isn't an issue. Make sure you set your profile availability to "not available"

not available.jpg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

@Ms S wrote:
For how many days can I take leave from Upwork?? What about maternity leaves?

You are not an employee. You are an independent freelancer You arrange your own work time.

thanks for your reply... if i take leave for one month, will it affect my status that i have earned so far... will upwork suspend my account if i remain unavailable more than one month?

@Ms S wrote:

As long as your clients are aware this isn't an issue. Make sure you set your profile availability to "not available"

not available.jpg

I've heard Upwork is suspending accounts that have been inactive for six months. 

School is starting soon - I would be available for weekend projects, however, this would not be my priority.

Would there be a possibility I would get suspended?

Hello Gilfa,

Upwork does not suspend accounts if they become inactive. However, if you become inactive for 30 days, your profile will be set to private. Private profiles are not shown in search and will not be seen by clients unless you submit a proposal to their job. You may learn more about that here. Thanks!

Untitled

Hey @Ryan C  Ryan C

What do you mean by "inactive"? What counts as inactive?

If i regularly login to the upwork account then it will consider me as active or do i need to have a contract within 30 days?

Usually they mean "earning" when they say active. Many of us have had our profiles set to private because we didn't have earnings for 30 days. All you have to do is request them to change it back to public. It's not really a big deal. 

Will we lose any upwork SEO juice if profile goes private due to non earning?

re: "Will we lose any upwork SEO juice if profile goes private due to non earning?"

Yes, technically you will.

You will drop out of Upwork search results. And you will drop off of Upwork's browse pages. So eventually you will drop out of search results in search engines such as google that index Upwork browse pages.

But for MOST freelancers, the effects of losing these aspects of SEO juice will be negligible. If you aren't receiving fruitful invites, then getting your profile set to private has no real impact on you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths