🐈
» Forums » Clients » Re: Vendor
Page options
1c11e47a
Community Member

Getting Upwork to be an approved vendor

I would like to source freelancers through Upwork but I first need to get them to be an approved vendor with my companies procurement department. In order to do this, I need to have someone from Upwork fill out some paperwork. How do I contact someone to do this? I keep getting directed to the chatbot when I attempt to contact someone at Upwork. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Richard and others,

I'd like to provide more information about this question here. We would not be able to provide any vendor documentation, nor fill out any vendor-related forms. This is because Upwork acts only as a payment processor and secured escrow agent, we would not be considered your service vendor for accounting or tax purposes, and we cannot provide any additional forms or paperwork related to vendor forms or agreements.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Steve,

Thanks for reaching out. I've already escalated your concerns to the team and they'll reach out to you directly to address all your questions. You should receive an email notification about a support request shortly. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
5fcd4610
Community Member

did you ever get this figured out?  Getting ready to start the same.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Robert.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
101d92ce
Community Member

We are running a project at a US university using a grant. We would like to hire Upwork talent for the project however, given they'll be paid from the grant, we have to add Upwork as an approved vendor of the university.

So far, it seems like the only way to do so is via the standard enterprise client onboarding, which cost about $10K. To be honest, it's just way too expensive for us (our grant is not huge, and this is a short project). 

I'll be happy to hear about any potential solutions - for example: special plans for universities.

Hi Lior,

Thanks for reaching out! We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly with more information about available options.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
86c0c844
Community Member

Hi Andrea,

Can someone also reach out to me as well regarding this subject? I am looking to onboard UpWork as a vendor, but need someone to work through this process with.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have the same problem, could you let us know what you found out? We're also a university.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Herbert,

One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to address your query.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
b34fc896
Community Member

Hello,

I am interested in setting upwork.com up as a vendor at my company so that we can use you more often.  I will need to talk to someone and have a W-9 and a Vendor Ownership Form filled out to complete set-up. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

Thank you,

Becky

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Becky,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
joshdewit
Community Member

Hi,

In order to hire freelancer through UpWork i have to jump through a few hoops internally within my company. One of those hoops is completing a vendor onboarding document. I need information from Upwork in order to complete this form and cant seem to find the information anywhere on the site. Please can someone assist who has gone through this before.

Hi Joshua,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with the information you need. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
69197bdf
Community Member

Can someone from Upwork please contact us so we can set you up as a vendor.  Will need w9 and vendor setup form completed.  Thank you

Hi Richard,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To provide Upwork with your Form W-9 please follow the steps below. 

• Go to Settings  Tax Information
  • Provide us with your:
    • Legal Name – Your own name, or your business name if you're filing as a company entity
    • Address – Where Upwork will mail your Form 1099-K or other tax forms, if necessary
    • Filing Status – Type of IRS tax filing you will use for earnings
    • Taxpayer Identification Number – TIN type and # you will use for your IRS tax filing

You can find more information in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

You don't need mine.  I need yours

Hi Richard and others,

I'd like to provide more information about this question here. We would not be able to provide any vendor documentation, nor fill out any vendor-related forms. This is because Upwork acts only as a payment processor and secured escrow agent, we would not be considered your service vendor for accounting or tax purposes, and we cannot provide any additional forms or paperwork related to vendor forms or agreements.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Similar to many questions here, my company is needing a W9 from Upwork if we are to continue using their service. Please contact me and advise how you can deliver the W9. 

ab6397cf
Community Member

Need to get a W9 form from Upwork in order for our company can set you up as a vendor.  

Hi David,

Please know that we would not be able to provide any vendor documentation, nor fill out any vendor-related forms. This is because Upwork acts only as a payment processor and secured escrow agent, we would not be considered your service vendor for accounting or tax purposes, and we cannot provide any additional forms or paperwork related to vendor forms or agreements.

~Andrea
Upwork
ab6397cf
Community Member

We'd have to get the W9 from the contractor?

ed79be55
Community Member

Hello, I need to register Upwork as an approved vendor with my University's procurement services so that I can hire talent using my grant money. I need somebody from Upwork to complete the paperwork related to this issue. Can you send me a contact name and an email?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths