🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Verification
Page options
henrymichele
Community Member

Verification

Hello,

My issue is similar to Julie T. Frankly, I don't understand the entire get paid/verification process. I'm trying to verify my business checking account that does show the correct last 4 digits related to my account.

On the "Verify your payment method" page it shows "Amount 1" and "Amount 2." I didn't really understand what those were for until I read Julie T's question in the community. I had checked my checking account and didn't see anything from Upwork. Are they supposed to be debits or credits?

One of the problems is that while this is my first paid job, I've been on Upwork trying to get paid projects for more than a year. WHEN would the amounts have hit my account? Would it have been when I first set up the account long ago or over the past few days due to the recent paid project?

I'm totally confused. Please help. I'm spending way too much time hunting around for the answer. I wonder why this process is so confusing. Maybe it's just me...?

Thanks in advance for your help!

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Michele,

When you first added your bank account for ACH payment method, Upwork deposited 2 small verification amounts to your account. They would be deposits and include "Upwork" in the description.

If you're able to locate them on your bank statement from around the time you added the account, could you please go ahead and enter them to the two fields in the verification form? Once it's verified, you should be able to use your account for withdrawals.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance,

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Thank you for your quick response. Is there a way to tell when I joined? It
was a long time ago, maybe 2018 some time? I haven't really been active
until recently. Not sure when I created my account.

Please advise. Thanks.

Michele

Hi Michele,

I was about to check this for you but I saw you were able to verify your Payment Method so you're all set!

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths